• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

SEACHEM TIDAL HOB

jstlstn

Members
Has anyone seen the Seachem tidal HOB. PECKTEC did a review, it looks like they may be something to consider. Any input would be great.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Thanks for the heads up on the new filter, as I was not aware of them. I like the design, especially that they don't rely on replacement cartridges, which has been why I've rarely used any other HOB than AquaClears. I also like the pump internal to the tank design. Hopefully some one has some experience with them to see if they move as much water as a comparable AC. They seem to be about equal in price to the ACs.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Thanks for the heads up on the new filter, as I was not aware of them. I like the design, especially that they don't rely on replacement cartridges, which has been why I've rarely used any other HOB than AquaClears. I also like the pump internal to the tank design. Hopefully some one has some experience with them to see if they move as much water as a comparable AC. They seem to be about equal in price to the ACs.
I certainly agree as to the flexibility of the media and having the pump in the tank. Does sound like real competition for the AquaClears, as you say. Have to see how reliable they are, and how easy it is to get replacement parts. I see they are made by Sicce, an Italian company that makes other aquarium equipment (not saying that's good or bad).

FishEggs

It
I certainly agree as to the flexibility of the media and having the pump in the tank. Does sound like real competition for the AquaClears, as you say. Have to see how reliable they are, and how easy it is to get replacement parts. I see they are made by Sicce, an Italian company that makes other aquarium equipment (not saying that's good or bad).
It's got to be good. It has that fine Italian leath.......errrr plastic. Lol
I'm liking the design and features. Definitely would like to see a well used one compared to a well used AC.