• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

SCORE!

Hawkman2000

Members
Well...kind of.

Someone in my complex put an old Oceanic 56(?), drilled with wier, 1/2 inch glass, out by the dumpster.

Appearantly it was used for some sort of animal due to the wood chips and starw left in it.

The glass is solid, no chips or cracks (that I can see now). I'll see how scratched it is after I clean it up.

I think Im goin to actually take this one completely appart, paint the trim piece thats in the best condition, and rebuild it without the top trim off for a rimless tank.

Also toying with the idea of running the drain and return lines fron a 306 through the overflow and return holes.

Thoughts?

Aqua410

Members
Sounds like your scored to me! If you're taking it all the way apart just take your time on the inner seams as I recently learned that they do the bulk of the sealing. If the glass is really scratched you might consider buffing it out which takes a long time with glass but might be much easier if you can lay the panels flat on a table and go to work with a power buffer and the appropriate glass buffing compound.