• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

saw this on Craigslist 150 XH - $60

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Wow. Wanted to set one of those up for the longest time. Sweet setup for a reef tank in a house without a lot of space.

I think Chris has one already... aren't his fronts in that size tank?

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I think you're right. It was either a 120 or 150. He talked about 2 at one point but he may have changed his mind. Great deal though.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Through the graciousness of another CCA member, I'm going to get it on Sunday :)

To answer the next question: Once I get it shoe-horned into my fishroom, I'm going to move some wild Turquoise severums, some Geophagus and probably some Heckelii into it...

Matt

Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
Come help on tues night and we'll see ;)

Mike and I (and a buddy from work) picked it up today and brought it behind the house. It's pretty darn heavy. I'm going to have to temporarily move the centrarchus tank to fit it in...

Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
...so we couldn't wait to get this thing into my fishroom.

HUGE thanks to Tony, Mike (Discusnafricans) and Jon Clark for their help.

Plan A proved to be impossible. So Plan B it was. Which involved re-arranging 7 tanks and placing the 150XH as the first tank you see when you enter my fishroom (so much for my wife not noticing :) )...

Pics tomorrow but all I can say is WOW. I did a test fill / rinse and no leaks (knock on wood). This tank might even be semi-aquascaped. Anyone have a monster piece of driftwood they're looking to get rid of? This tank is 32" tall and will be filled with wild turquoise sevs and other South American stuff that I have growing out in smaller tanks.

We've got some amazingly helpful folks in this club and all I can say is thank you!

Matt

bschuhart

Members
I have a 110 which is 48x18x31 and my 10" Severn looks really nice in there. I bought one of those ceramic driftwood looking objects and my clown loaches love to hide inside it (its hollow) Got mine at Petsmart.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Last night was fun. It looked like a sitcom. How many engineers does it take to get a 150 gallon tank in Matt's fish room? I forgot to ask Jon Clark if he was an engineer, but we had at least 2.5 (I'm only a half, not truly an engineer but I work in an engineering office). After draining and moving some tanks, giving some of Matt's Chanchitos an earthquake drill, and redesigning tank stands, we got everything in. All this while Matt is attending his infant twin sons. Everything worked out great though. I think I actually heard Matt say his fish room is nearly full.

That tanks is going to look awesome, or in Tony's words "sick-bo." An aquascaped tank in Matt's fish room? Imagine that. We'll have to bring over some windex for proof. Good luck on the new tank setup Matt.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Thanks again!

Mike, those weren't chanchitos...they were a completely different brown fish...

Working on building the filter (overhead wet/dry or "dump") and refilling today...

Matt

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Glad we could help, Matt. :)

I should have known we'd be in for some fun when Matt told us he wanted to put it in the back of the fish room, behind the furnace, next to the hot water heater and under the water meter....... ;)

PIVOT!!

[YT]<object width="960" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2C1rfr495sY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2C1rfr495sY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="960" height="745"></embed></object>[/YT]

dogofwar

CCA Members
...and it wasn't 4,000 degrees and 140% humidity in the Friends House....

I actually like Plan B much better than Plan A in the end.

And no one would need to be trapped behind my furnace for the rest of their life in order to install the tank.

Thanks for all the help!

Matt

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Yeah, it was a challenge to try and get the tank in the original spot (and yes I am an engineer by schooling). I think the final location is a better spot for it than behind the furnace. Sorry I couldn't stick around until everything was in place. I'm stoked to come see it once you have it filled up and have moved everyone in to it.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Thanks for your help, Jon - we'll have to schedule a play date so that you can come check it out...

Matt