• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Sardines, much tastier, improved

DO YOU LIKE SARDINES???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
I do not know how many of you like sardines or hate sardines or are afraid of sardines, but CHICKEN OF THE SEA has started selling sardines. Three varieties are available. I have tried the slightly smoked and the ones in water. They are so good!!! I liked the ones in the old cans by the old producers but those were mainly in oil and had a smell as soon as you opened the can. These new ones from CHICKEN OF THE SEA have little odor and no residual. THey could even be used like tuna fish.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Hmmmm....

Only because you gave them such a glowing recommendation, I'll give them a shot.

What I do like are the smoked oysters in the can. Give me a tin, some saltines and some hot sauce and I'm a happy man. :)

...or some pig's feet.

Tony

Love raw oysters... the ones out of the shell, not so much on the ones out of the plastic bucket - although those are good for breading and deep frying.

mmmm... oysters.

Need an option that isn't hate but more indifferent....not a big fan but would eat them if they were the last thing on earth....

I wonder if Rachel would eat roaches if they were the only food left?

Becca

Members
I've used Sardines as reward in dog sport competitions before - but for that, I was counting on them being smelly. Nothing keeps a dog in a good heel position like a pocket soaked through with Sardine oil ;-)

Tony

Need an option that isn't hate but more indifferent....not a big fan but would eat them if they were the last thing on earth....

For the record, I answered "Hate 'em" only because I have not tried Frank's magic COTS version.... who knows? I'll weigh in next time I have a chance to stop by the grocery store.

chriscoli

Administrator
I chose "hate em" but I feel that this option does not convey a strong enough sentiment for me. blech!

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Sardines, not so good. Raw oysters? Terrible. I just can't get past the mouth feel. It's like eating someone else's loogie...

Sped89

Members
I'll spend any day drowning worms, pouring down rain, 2 feet of snow on the ground in a blizzard, it makes no difference to me. As long as I'm in fresh water, I'm happy! Just don't ask me to eat fish, so I chose NO!!!

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member

msjinkzd

invert junkie

I would rather eat my own arm

Or sardines, love 'em on some whole grain crackers!

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
I hate sardines. I don't like the idea of eating a whole dead fish soaking in juice.

The only seafood I'll eat is mussles (or any other sea crustation), smoked salmon, and grilled swordfish.

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
I love it all except snails. Crabs, salmon whether smoked or not, swordfish, clams, oysters (prefer them steamed with some sauce), yellow tail, yellow perch, bass, striped bass, blues, ---

I cannot get myself to even try snails. Psychological I guess.

msjinkzd

invert junkie
i adore snails. Escargot was a family favorite each easter (don't blame me, my grandmother has french relatives).

Sounds like you and I need to get the munchies together, Frank- I will leave the snails at home! LOL

JasonC

Members
ugh.. had to vote no on that one... had a boss that would eat salted and dried sardines in the office and then get real close and talk to you... bleah!!! Even worse, they came in individual serving packs like those swedish fish at the auction. ROFL!