• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

S Gauge Model Trains

halak

Members
If anyone is into this, please contact me; I have 'inherited' a large layout and will try to sell/give away parts/whole.

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
Will, appreciate the note, but everything I have is 0/027 scale, which is different - Looks like that is American Flyer which uses a two-rail track while mine is three rail, and a different size. But, I would love to take a look. I will be out of town until next Monday though.

Leffler817

CCA Members
I've done N, HO, and O scale trains before, but never S. I've gotten rid of all of my stuff except for the O train that I hope to get my kids into later. The resale was not what I was expecting at all. :( There's lots of sharks willing to take advantage of unsuspecting people. I would talk to a hobby shop owner first then see if there's a model railroading club nearby.

verbal

CCA Members
My Father-in-law is a member of a local club the National Capitol Trackers. He and I think most of the members mostly do O-scale.

halak

Members
The layout belonged to my father-in-law, who passed away in January. He made most of the parts himself and even wrote articles for some train modeling magazine. Yeah, I know this is a rare gauge. I think he enjoyed that he had to make things from scratch.One idea about I got about how to sell the engines and cars was to take everything to the upcoming national convention in Detroit. As far as the layout goes, it is huge, and we are not looking for money for it.Abby, let me know if you want to see it. It is very elaborate and takes up most of the basement. It's in Gaithersburg, by the way.Lane, I will respond tonight.