• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Riverbend Park Collecting -sat 4 Oct 2008 1030am

Know its short notice but a few members of GWAPA and I are going to be visiting Riverbend Park along the Potomac on Saturday and I thought we would open it up to any that wanted to participate since it is a local trip. We are primarily looking to collect plants.

We are planning to meet at the park Visitor Center at 1030 and go exploring from there.

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/riverbe...sitorcenter.htm

This is the park website and directions are available on the site.

Thanks

The work will wait while you show a child a rainbow,
but the rainbow wont wait while you do the work

-Unknown-

Sonny Disposition

I'll try to make iit. Sounds cool.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Robert Peterson @ Oct 2 2008, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Know its short notice but a few members of GWAPA and I are going to be visiting Riverbend Park along the Potomac on Saturday and I thought we would open it up to any that wanted to participate since it is a local trip. We are primarily looking to collect plants.

We are planning to meet at the park Visitor Center at 1030 and go exploring from there.

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/riverbe...sitorcenter.htm

This is the park website and directions are available on the site.

Thanks

The work will wait while you show a child a rainbow,
but the rainbow wont wait while you do the work

-Unknown-[/b]

This was a great time. It was amazing the diversity we found in such a small area. Bob, thanks for coming and bringing all the collecting gear.

Thanks
Rob

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
I agree with Pat, please take your camera so we can see some of the pictures. Have fun Robert!

Richard

The photos of the trip are posted on the link for GWAPA, which everyone should be able to access. Let me know if you have any problem seeing the photos or the links and description of the fish we found that Bob posted there in that GWAPA link as well.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Hey Robert, I saw the pics and they look great! It looked like a lot of fun. Why didn't you guys wear those long rubber boots that go up to your waist? Anyways, see you Saturday.

Richard

Why do that when you can just go plunging in and actually feel the river....it wasnt all that cold and a little mud rarely hurts anything.....I probably wont be there on Saturday as I have a couple things going on that unfortunately need to be done before the weather gets too cold. We will see.

Sonny Disposition

We wore those after the trip, Richard.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SubMariner @ Oct 9 2008, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hey Robert, I saw the pics and they look great! It looked like a lot of fun. Why didn't you guys wear those long rubber boots that go up to your waist? Anyways, see you Saturday.

Richard[/b]