• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Registered but not getting the $99 Hotel rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasta Fish

Members
Ok
so last minute decision to go to AquaMania, I am registered ...

when i follow the link and try to book the room its telling me that
"The requested rate is not available. View other available rooms and rates below".

Any idea?

Hm....I called yesterday afternoon to get a room for Friday night because my family is coming to hang out with me tomorrow night and most of Saturday. I think that since I already had a hotel room for Saturday, it was easy to book.

I think that they still had a few rooms available last night because they were going to be going me a room with two beds in it. However, I was able to get the same deluxe room for the two nights and it has a fold out king size sofa sleeper.

Best to call the reservation desk to work it out. They are very helpful.

Arlene

Tried today to get the early check in and they said it was too early in the week to know if a room would be open!?! Call back later...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

I travel a lot for work, and this is a standard answer. They don't know exactly when their existing guests are going to check out, who will be showing up for work among the housekeeping staff, etc., and they won't promise you a room for an early check in. Just check at the front desk when you get there, and if your room isn't ready yet, they should be pretty accommodating to store your luggage, etc., until the room is ready. Many will also text you once your room is ready.

Rasta Fish

Members
I called yesterday and was told that slot was booked out (I book for Saturday Night) and they offered the room for $109.00 + tax
i know there should be special slots allotted for CCA not sure why i did not get the rates, right now its only reserved so when i go check in maybe there is some one i can talk to that will change the rate accordingly

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I was not part of this negotiation but the normal thing is that the special rate offer and room block goes until about 2 weeks out. This allows the hotel to book other people not related to the event, into the hotel if the event does not draw enough interest. Other wise the hotel could end up with tons of people needing rooms and now one allowed to rent them.
The same goes with the convention rates. They do it for people to register in advance so they can plan ahead.
Like I said, I do not know the contract but this is how they are usually written out.
I know we had this for CCA does ACA. hopefully they will do something on check in

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Sounds like $10 might be the cost of procrastination, but its still a great rate for the Hilton in Gaithersburg. Still can't hurt to ask when you get there. Glad you can make it though Craig.

Rasta Fish

Members
Yeah Mike ....thanks a lot for convincing me to spend the night lol
Its no big deal i am splitting the room with someone

Hannibal

Members
Not sure if the $99 deal included taxes and what not but I just booked through Hotels.com and it was $99 plus like $14 in taxes and such.

The more I thought about it, the more sense it made to just stay down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.