Redid The L. Tanganyikan Tank

I was very disappointed in the color of my Tropheus Moorii "Reds" lately. First I thought is was the water quality. Then I'm thinking I should change the diet. I also thought it was the aquascaping. Perhaps the rocks were too dark. When Klaus told me it also could be the surroundings, I made up my mind to redo the tank. So yesterday, while making a trip to the dump in Cockeysville, I stopped by the quarry, where Sarah mentioned is a good place to get limestone granite.

Well, you talk about a totaly new look. :wacko:

This was the tank before the change yesterday...
4aTangTank040107.jpg

This is today, after the change...
6aTangTank070707.jpg

This is a photo taken a few days ago of how dark the fish were in the old setup...
14aTropheusRed070507.jpg

This is today, only one day after the change...

15bTropheusRed070807.jpg

15cTropheusRed070807.jpg

15dTropheusRed070807.jpg

Even found one holding under a leaf...
15aTropheusRed070807.jpg

So far all the fishies look happy...
11aCalvus070807.jpg

7aLbrevisZebra070807.jpg

While I am still debating if I like the brighter aquascaping, I think the fish already made up their mind that they do. :lol:

Where's the quarry?[/b]

In Cockeysville. Take I83 North to the Warren Road exit. First light, make a right onto Beaver Dam Rd. Go about a mile. The entrance is on the right. If come up on a 7eleven on your left, you passed it.

I looked for someone to help me, but no one was around. So I just picked them off of the ground. :unsure: I would have been willing to pay if someone stopped me. :D

D

daniel4832

Bobby,
What nice looking Tropheus, where did you get them? Oh right :unsure: :rolleyes: :blush:
Thanks,
Daniel

What nice looking Tropheus, where did you get them? Oh right[/b]

That's right folks...they are F1s from Daniel's WC group. Hey Dan, do I have to mention that every time I post a photo of them???? :p :lol:

D

daniel4832

Bobby,
Of course! :rolleyes: You are my best advertisement for my fish.
Thanks,
Daniel

longstocking

Members
lol... Bobby, too funny about no-one being there. You really have to look for them.... I think there was a trailer somewhere down the road that we found people in.

No big deal Bobby... like I said they don't care if you pay for them. The only reason they make you pay 3 dollars for all you can hand pick... is so their customers don't get ticked off.