• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Rare fish auction

finzz

Members
This may sound like a silly question, but I don't recall ever attending a rare fish auction and I'm not exactly sure how to decide what a rare fish is. I've got some fish breeding that aren't very common, but I wouldn't call them "rare" either.

If anyone can clear this up for me, I'll greatly appreciate it!

Thanks
Don

dogofwar

CCA Members
Don - you've got plenty of rare fish :)

The Rare Fish Auction at The Big Fish Deal is 100% donation - from sponsors and club members and supporters. It's Saturday evening. And only for registered attendees. We donate to 20% or so to a fish charity...

So many auctions are all day and boring. This is an hour or two. Of good stuff. CARES fish. Interesting fish. Rare fish. We've had rays. We've had wild fish from Malawi, Peru, Uruguay, Brazil. Tanganyika, Colombia...and even Florida.

It's a lot of fun. And we're not picky :)

Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
Easiest thing, if possible, is to just bring the fish bagged and ready for the auction on Saturday evening... One less thing to bag and prepare :)

But get with Mike on the particulars and getting them into MGA, etc.

Contact Michael O'Shea DiscusnAfricans DiscusnAfricans . He's the point man on the auction.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Easiest thing, if possible, is to just bring the fish bagged and ready for the auction on Saturday evening... One less thing to bag and prepare :)

But get with Mike on the particulars and getting them into MGA, etc.
Easiest for the club, but maybe not all that easy for anyone who is arriving at the BFD that morning. I'll correspond with Michael.

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
The club under Michael's direction sets up some racks with tanks to display the fish in the rare fish auction. That way you can look over the fish and decide which ones you want. Having the fish in the tanks keeps them in top shape. They are bagged just before the auction. the fish are set up in the room where the talks are presented.