• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Randallstown store closing?

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Yeah, that was Aquarium Depot. Spent a lot of time in there back in the day. It used to be a really large, really nice store....

Think they sold off their tanks about 4-5 months ago.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I thought they moved into a smaller space in the same shopping center? I still get email coupons from them time to time. I have not been to the new store.

rsretep

Members
Yes new store is just next store(to the left of old) down sized and when I was there they had mostly the basics as far as fish go, have not been back in a few months

verbal

CCA Members
That's a bummer. I agree with Tony that back the in day they were a destination fish store. When I was in high school, I thought any trip to Baltimore was a reason to visit the Aquarium Center :)

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I'm going to go check it out at some point. Saw them selling stuff of CL and figured they were done.

While their African selection always seemed sort of meh, their selection of plants, rainbowfish, reptiles and SW stuff always drew me back there. They were one of the few stores that had a nice selection of shrimp back before they were readily available in the hobby.

Their 400+ gallon reef display setup was also pretty outstanding.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
The store was definitely my favorite as a kid. I could spend hours in there just trying to figure out how to best spend the $20 I had saved up. It was a shame that it went downhill so fast. Hopefully the new store is back to their old standard of quality.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Back in the late 70's and early 80's
Aquarium Center was the bomb. It was a destination store for many from PA and further
but somewhere around 2000 it started down hill. At some point it turned into Aquarium Depot.
Only been there a few times since. when the number of tanks out numbers the fish you know there is a problem.