• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Ramshorn snails cease to surprise me

Acara19

CCA Members
so i got some water wisteria a couple weeks back at an auction, then a couple weeks later some leopard ramshorns that had apparently hitchhiked on it started popping up.
i was happy with just the leopards, but on top of that, as they matured, some have turned to a brilliant blue.
i moved the blues to a breeder box just so i can keep track of them, and since they're breeder size by now, hopefully i can get some eggs out of em so i can have more blue snails.

Becca

Members
I feel like they sort of cycle through colors as they grow. Most of my big ones have turned bluish, but the smaller ones are all spotted or pink/red.

Acara19

CCA Members
Ah interesting Becca, yeah they started out as kind of a reddish, and some still are, but then I got the blues so I'm gonna see if I can get a nice personal blue line out of mine
Also today I got some pictures of my blues

MVIMG_20190528_154521_1.jpg

00000IMG_00000_BURST20190528154345686_COVER.jpg

IMG_20190528_154022.jpg

Becca

Members
Yep, that looks about like mine. I think the color change has a lot to do with the thickness of the shell and also possibly water conditions. The ones I have in super soft, acidic water stay reddish longer, but the shells are much more fragile.

Acara19

CCA Members
Yeah my water's pretty hard and mineral rich, so I guess their shell development will be good in that regard

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
Anyone want some free red ramshorns? I have PLENTY to go around in my 75 right now that I need rid of.

Acara19

CCA Members
Tried feeding my longfin albino bristlenose plecos some zucchini today
I forgot ramshorn snails also love zucchini

MVIMG_20190611_160414.jpg