• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Racks?

JustRon

Members
So, I am thinking about a NICE fish room, not too big, but I do want to get more out of a limited space so I am considering a way to have at least two tanks position one above the other into a rack, BUT........ I do not want the commercial or business type of look either. Do you have any ideas, pictures or thoughts of products that could be used or built to meet this goal?

dogofwar

CCA Members
6" cinder blocks and 2x4s are great for their flexibility and can be made to look nice with tile, black plastic or fabric

JustRon

Members
I hadn't thought of that, maybe just commercial structure, very strong, then create a nice facade for viewing pleasure. Cool idea.

msjinkzd

invert junkie
My husband welds me custom stands out of either stainless or regular steel which we then paint. It allows for alot of customization of size to suit what tanks I want to set up.

msjinkzd

invert junkie
I am sure he would do that if you would buy materials and stuff. He was talking ot me last night about offering his services to club members who need custom racks/stands

JustRon

Members
ok, well just to test it for others.........HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I would think this a good option. Are there any specs you have for how much they can hold? Building two tanks high. How think is the metal? How heavy are the racks for a 125?

msjinkzd

invert junkie
I would have to have him answer those questions. Are you going to be at aquafest? he is going to help me at my vendor table. we will be very recognizable (I am the one with the blue mohawk, he is the one with teh greasy pompadour andd tons of tattoos). I am sure he would be more than happy to go over what would work for you or not and when he may be available if you wanted this done. Don't be scared by our appearance, we are really very friendly and approachable :D

Jumbie

Members
Ahha tattoos and mohawks... just the way the new generation of the CCA likes it right Rachel lol. Man this club is great!

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I have had a couple of speakers mention they had never seen so much ink at a club meeting in their lives.
And thats not a bad comment either. One of them has several of his own.
It was a comment on the fact that we have a young club.
Most areas you go to I would be one of the young guys. lol I know. Hard to believe.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I am still trying to figure out how big to make mine when I get it.

Want to see what it will look like?

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
littlelogo2.png

LOL