• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Python Replacement part help

Cartel

Members
So I got done plumbing my tank tonight and its fill up time! :happy0065:Then I sit back listen to some tunes. A few minutes later im all wtf mate? The tank has only filled to about an inch. So I look for the culprit. Well most of the water was going down the sink and not in my tank. The python "pump" cracked. Either from repeated use or because I cant judge my he man strength. I dunno but now im all :angry3: when im really just trying to be :cool:

a02a6ef4.jpg

Now heres where I need help. Someone have this random part left over and wants to get rid of it pronto?

I looked on their site and it appears I have to fill out a form or something. Eff that noise. I looked on ThatFishplace and did not find a replacement. Same with Big Al's and Foster's. I did find on ken's site the Hydromax pump. It appears to be the same. I just want to make sure it is before I order and wait a few days just to find out it doesnt work. i dont see why it shouldnt.

http://www.kensfish.com/product3683.html

I suppose till then if im really feeling froggy ill fill it old school style.

mchambers

Former CCA member
The Aqueon part fits the python tube and you probably can find the part locally. I think I got it at Petsmart (please, no snarky comments).

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Python is going through bankrupsy.
It will be hard to find any parts.

I have always used another brand attachment with my python. It is white. It fit no problem.
And when I fill the tank I don't use the attachment. I take the hose off and put directly to the sink. It fills quicker.
I only use my adapter to empty the hose.

Cartel

Members
Well I was itching to at least see the tank full. I put it on the faucet and held the crack "closed" with my hands and held on for dear life. 15 mins later its full! The best part is no leaks. Tomorrow I will fill it with sand and start moving the fish in the 40L.

Thanks everyone for the help. i will stop by one of the Pet stores and try to pick up a replacement. if not I will just order it from Kens.

Cartel

Members
Nope currently sitting bare bottom until tomorrow. Its 3M Colorquartz that was in it before the move so I expect minimal clouding. We'll find out.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Congressional Aquarium in Rockville used to carry replacement parts. That's where I got a replacement shut off valve when mine broke. Check it out if you have time to run over there.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Good to hear you're setting the tank back up, Wil. Can't wait to see it all stocked up.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I got a replacement at Congressional.

Where do they sell waterbed kits? I asked at a couple stores...even ventured into Wal-Mart...and they looked at me like I had a dork growing out of my ear...

Matt

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
I GO TO THE WATERBED PLACE IN GLEN BURNIE RIGHT THERE ON THE MAIN STRIP ON THE CORNER. THEY ALWAYS HAVE THEM.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
I didn't think such places existed anymore...kinda like Drive In Movies :(
MAN YOUR BEHIND THE TIMES.....CHECK OUT BENGIE'S IN ESSEX MD ...ITS THE BIGGEST DRIVE IN ON THE EAST COAST...THEY SHOW CURRENT MOVIES AND CARTOONS BEFORE THE FEATURE JUST LIKE BACK IN THE DAY. ITS VERY NOSTALGIC AND CHEAP TOO. THE KIDS LOVE IT. ALSO THE AUDIO PLAYS THROUGH YOUR SOUND SYSTEM SO ITS INTENSE. ;) YOU GET 3 MOVIES FOR WHAT YOU WOULD PAY FOR JUST 1 PERSON AND SNACKS AT THE NORMAL THEATER. LOL.

http://www.bengies.com/