• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Power failure

Duane911

Members
So in regard to canister filters, I've read that if the power goes out the filter keeps pumping or something like that, flooding the room. Am I mistaken at what I'm reading ? Someone educate me.

maddog10

Members
Nope. Canister filters are closed system filters. No where for the water to escape. Power goes out and the water stops.

Problems occur with wet/dry sumps when the intake or return lines are to low in the tank. They will back siphon until there is an air break. Set the intake and return lines at the correct level and there will not be any problems, unless you initially put too much water in the sump. All sounds harder than what it is.

Duane911

Members
Thanks Micheal. CCA Has answered so many of my questions and probably more to come. Again thank you.

Duane

F8LBITE

Members
Thats good to hear Duane. You should check out the meeting next Saturday theyre really cool and if you like fish you will fit right in.