• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Pond Maint. (aka fishin')

Lively

Members
So, on the advice of several people... we've been doing pond maint... fishin' for the sunfish to get 'em out the pond! Friday, we got a couple of fat smallish females fat with eggs - out they came.

Yesterday, I caught a lovely larger female - I was pleased with myself as now I held the record for the largest fish caught in the pond - for all of a minute. Hubby casts out in the corner of the pond I like to fish (and just snagged the big sunny) and something hit the lure, hard. He reeled in this bad boy/girl...

DSC_2887.jpg

nice catch, theres hope for your pond yet.
Where theres one bass, theres hopefully more.
These predators will help in keeping your sunny population in check.

Lively

Members
Yeah, it is. I wasn't sure if I'd really enjoy it - but it seems I've found my inner fisherwoman... lol

On the other hand, it's a whole lot of yardwork!

Lively

Members
Be where, Dreams?

Our plan is to put more stock in come spring, large mouth bass and catfish for sure - I think hubby wanted to put perch in as well.

YSS

Members
My 8 year old boy and 6 year old girl would love to help you out with your population control. :)

Lively

Members
YSS - I was thinking about doing something like that. I know there are more than a few people here with kids that may want to help out with population control! lol Maybe even a few adults. Weekends are a bit filled right now... have to see what I can do about planning something like that.

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
count my kids in for population control. I wouldn't mind "sore lippin" a few of the bass (catch and release) :)

YSS

Members
YSS - I was thinking about doing something like that. I know there are more than a few people here with kids that may want to help out with population control! lol Maybe even a few adults. Weekends are a bit filled right now... have to see what I can do about planning something like that.

Sounds awesome! I am definitely going to help out. :D