• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Pleco Feeding

Wblaze

Members
Hello -- I put a bristlenose in my 55g mbuna tank when it was overrun with algae. He has done a pretty good job with it and now i have noticed him eating the nls when I feed the fish. Should i be feeding them wafers as well?

verbal

CCA Members
I think an advantage of feeding occasional zucchini is the plecos have a better shot at it than the pellets. It is very tricky to feed enough pellets for the pleco to get food without overfeeding.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I feed mine lima beans. I buy them frozen. Microwave for a few seconds in water, pop them out of their skins and drop them in the tank. They don't need help to sink and are usually quickly consumed.

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Shane

Members
I feed broccoli stems (boiled), green beans (boiled) and zucchini (raw) as my mainstays as these three make very little mess. That said, almost any fruit or vegetable, except citrus, is a possibility. Cucumber, yams, peas, and squash are also popular.

If you do not have any, pick up some screwcumbers

http://www.screwcumber.com/

-Shane

hotwingz

Members
Mine didnt like the cuccumber so much but loooove zucchini. All my fish do.

Sent from my PG86100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App