• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Platytaeniodus sp. "red Tail Sheller

johns51

Members
Not sure if I should post this here or where to post it but here it goes.

Is there any interest in Platytaeniodus sp. "red Tail Sheller" also known as Haplochromis sp. "red tail sheller"?

These are Victorians that are on the CARES list as being Vunerable.

I have two males and three females that are kicking out fry fairly quickly. I have some I will be brining in for auction in May but I have all three females holding right now and I am trying to decide to pull them or just let them release the fry in the tank and let nature take it course.

John

johns51

Members
well its definitley not suppose to be here, thought I was in the old world section.

Could someone move this for me?

Thanks.

John

toddnbecka

Members
How aggressive are they? I tried groups of P. nyererei and ruby greens and ended up with 2 males (of each) that had killed off the females and other males. I have a 75 with a breeding group of ruby red peacocks and a 40 breeder with BN as potentially available tankspace.
I still have a single male ruby green, he lives in another 75 with a group of eureka red peacocks and 5 S. multi's, also a handful of BN and a couple of whiptail cats. He owns the rockpile, but doesn't do any harm to the others.

johns51

Members
I have had no aggression problems with the adults. I have the 2 males and three females in a 40 breeder with 4 giant danios as dither fish and have had no problems other then the males chasing each other occasionally.

The fry I ssaved from the first spawn are in a 10 galon right now, will be moving to a 20 long soon are in with 4 plecos and they pretty much leave them alone. They are all about the same size ( red tail shellers and plecos)