• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

"Pivoting" with leaves...

Tannin Aquatics

CCA Members
When you set up a new aquarium, do you do it with a lot of expectations that it will turn out a specific way, or is it more like, "I have this idea, I'm going to do this and add that and we'll see how it turns out?"

IMG_2149_large.jpg

Have you ever noticed just how truly difficult it really is to execute an aquascape exactly how you've envisioned it? Maybe it's me, but it seems like I can cook up some great ideas in my head, but the execution always seems to be a bit different than the perfect plan I had.

13775363_10154167368485255_4822315126302676656_n_large.jpg

The reason I bring this up is because, in my daily scheming of new tanks and using botanicals and other natural materials, I often have this preconceived notion of just how my creation will look when it's done. The difficulty comes when I actually try to put the darned thing together as I envisioned it in my head. There's always that ONE rock or piece of wood, or seed pod, or whatever- which won't cooperate. One that won't slide into the place that you selected for it. This compromises the initial design. (click to read more)