Piranha

NYfan78

Members
I am getting kinda bored with my current tank mates. I am thinking of selling my tank makes, and changing the substrate to a natural look and add some drift wood and plants. I want to get piranhas. Trying to find a good forum to research them some more. Any help would be great.

cmcpart0422

Members
I had piranhas once they aren't as exciting as cichids. They hide a lot and you cant put dithers in for obvious reasons.

IMxFROMxDC

Members
I am getting kinda bored with my current tank mates. I am thinking of selling my tank makes, and changing the substrate to a natural look and add some drift wood and plants. I want to get piranhas. Trying to find a good forum to research them some more. Any help would be great.
I ACTUALY HAVE ONE RED BELLIE PIRANHA IM TRYNA GIVE AWAY FOR FREE ASAP ITS ABOUT 3-4 INCHES

Spine

Members
I have some piranha that I collected and they keep eating each other.I would recommend getting a group of at least 5-6 or more.

Davey_8313

Members
I agree w/ Kevin about getting a group of 5-6 of them since they do best in groups. What would you like to know about them?

gliebig

Members
I had 3 pirahna in a 55gallon at college. Random people would show up at my door with feeder goldfish just to see them eat. I never had to buy them food. lol
They were pretty boring fish though, when they weren't eating.

NYfan78

Members
DAVEY--I WAS LOOKING TO DO POOL FILTER SAND, WITH SOME DRIFT WOOD AND PLANTS THROUGH OUT. DOES THIS SOUND LIKE A OK SET UP FOR ABOUT 5 PIRANHAS?

verbal

CCA Members
There is a pet store in Riverdale that apparently specializes in Piranha if you decide to go that route.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Riverdale pets is not actually in riverdale. It is off of rhode island ave. They specialize in big and aggressive. They have a large selection of NW cichlids, hybrids and rare pirahna.

cmcpart0422

Members
I went to riverdale pets last year and they have a ton of cool aggressive fish but the place was in really bad shape. There is clutter all over the place and I was tripping over my own feet. Lots of tanks were just dead or sick fish too. Staff was very unfriendly and didnt seem happy about me asking questions. So to sum it up cool fish, dead fish, clutter, and unhappy staff.

Davey_8313

Members
PFS w/ plants and driftwood would be a great setup for piranhas. Try to do some floating plants or not have too much light b/c they like it darker.

Davey_8313

Members
Riverdale Pets does have a nice collection of piranhas. As said though, just don't talk to them too much b/c it's just one older couple that own the place that work there all the time. She's not that bad, but he is a jerk. I try not to talk to him at all, lol. I've never had a problem w/ fish that I've bought from there and I have bought quite a few on several different ocassions.