• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

picture of my new tank.

69cichlids

Members
I got a 125 gallon set up for 150 bucks, the stand that it came with wouldn't fit my 80 gallon under it like I thought it would so I custom made the one its on now, not finished and the 80 isn't set up yet until I get the filter I'll be using for the 125. Here are some pictures of it in the works

Sent from my SCH-I500 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1335489176342.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1335489300354.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1335489354443.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1335489466871.jpg

69cichlids

Members
Thanks.

So question, tuesday I'm getting a bigger filter for the tank my plan is to have the new and old filter on the 125 until the new filter its established and then move the old filter back on the 80 and get that one back up and running. The question is how long should I leave that new filter on before I move the old filter back on the 80

samsmobb

Members
depends on how many fish you have and their size, from my opinion i dont think you can ever grow enough bacteria in the new filter to support the tank but thats all technical.
only enough bacteria will grow to support your bioload or if too much exists it dies from starving.
so say each filter carries half of the bacteria, it wont grow more until the bio load increases.
that being said, i let my new filters run about 2 weeks before i removed them and no problem.
tank was about 20%stocked 75 gallon

69cichlids

Members
here is my stand completed. Now to just get decor in the 80 and fish.

uploadfromtaptalk1337741808700.jpg

dhlamar

Members
Do you still have the old 125 stand and if so would u sell it?

Sent from my Eris using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

verbal

CCA Members
How are you going to clean the 80? It looks like you have about 2" of room..

That was my first thought also. However I think those must be doors that flip up for access. It will be tight, but as Tony said it could work.

69cichlids

Members
yes there are three doors that swing inward and then have a latch underneath to hold the doors open there is about 10 inches of space from the tank to the top

69cichlids

Members
Do you still have the old 125 stand and if so would u sell it?

Sent from my Eris using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Yes I do, it's a metal stand and I would sell it...I'm located in iowa tho

verbal

CCA Members
yes there are three doors that swing inward and then have a latch underneath to hold the doors open there is about 10 inches of space from the tank to the top

Do you have a detailed picture of this? I think I may need to do something similar since my son(2.5 years old) has decided he likes to "redecorate" my lower tanks.

69cichlids

Members
Do you have a detailed picture of this? I think I may need to do something similar since my son(2.5 years old) has decided he likes to "redecorate" my lower tanks.

I will do my best, if you have a question about something ask.
I took a 2x8 and cut it to the size of the opening. I then put on 2 2.5" narrow utility hinges on each door. I also put the eye hook? On the corner of the board and then held the door up to the stand and screwed the other side of the hinges to the stand. and then placed the other half of the latch under neath. I also drilled a hole in the stand and put an allen wrench in it so you can't push the door open/hold it in place. For you I would use some sort of a dead bolt. Here are a few pics.

uploadfromtaptalk1338221568729.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1338221596884.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1338221615367.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1338221639330.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1338221657513.jpg