• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Phil's 75gal Tropheus tank thread

iamzrad

Members
Quick cell phone shot... hehehe
photomk.jpg

iamzrad

Members
What do you have?
A 14 megapixel phone???
Your cell pics are better than most of our camera pics!

iPhone 4 :confused: hehe
I got lucky on this shot, I think I took 15-20 total, all blurred. I learned if I don't move, they don't move. Good to know! :D

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Cute fish, Phil. Congrats. :)

What kind are they again? Got a link of a picture for the adults?

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
Atleast I know they have a good home at Phil's and I'll get to watch em grow up thru his photos. We haven't worked out the weekend visitation rights yet, I forgot to tell him that was part of the deal :lol:

Lookin forward to seeing the tank completed, it's gonna be smokin ;)

cmcpart0422

Members
They look awesome man! Trophs are a ton of fun and you went with a beautiful species. Your really going to enjoy watching them grow into their colors.

Sorry to hop in this so late but 2 questions. Where did the background come from, and did you physically attach it or just tape it?

Glueing it would make the color pop like crazy. Petsmart has a non toxic glue for attaching these, and it is incredible the difference it makes. The only problem is that about the only easy way to use it is if you lay the tank on it's face.

iamzrad

Members
Today is the day. Today is the day the Trophs get moved into the 75gal. I've been going back and forth for about two weeks now on the rock work layout. As of last night, I am 99.999999999% sure I will keep it as it is. Plus, changing it now would disturb a couple of inhabitants I may already have in there :p

Pictures to follow soon!

iamzrad

Members
I was trying some different settings on my camera to avoid setting up the flash, etc. So bare with these pictures not being top notch.

I added the 21 red rainbows to the 75gal on Friday. The little buggers couldn't be any more happier, as well as their owner :)

_DSC0018.jpg

_DSC0013.jpg

_DSC0009.jpg

_DSC0004.jpg

_DSC0003.jpg

_DSC0002.jpg