• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Peyton Manning....

out two to three months. Might be put on IR....so much for snagging him seventh round in my other Fantasy League. He supposedly had another surgery this morning on his neck again.

mrkillie

Members
out two to three months. Might be put on IR....so much for snagging him seventh round in my other Fantasy League. He supposedly had another surgery this morning on his neck again.

I was panicking on Monday during one of my drafts-was in a hotel and the connection sucked! He was next in my queue-thought sure I was getting stuck with him (already had Brees-but would have wasted a good pick where I could get a WR or RB high in the draft). Luckily, connection came back in time.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
I'm sure there are thousands of Fantasy Football people who were stuck with him. Sucks really.

They are if their league uses the Yahoo Cant Cut List. Was just looking at that list and cant make heads or tails of it compared to their player ranking. You would think that the list would be the Top 30 or Top 50 from their player ranking, but its all over the map. Peyton is on it though so I am really screwed in that league since there are only 12 player spots and 8 of my guys are on the Cant Cut List. Guess I have to remember that list for next year or object to its use since it doesnt seem to be done with any comparison to their "supposed value" to a team. The other league I am in is only eight teams, and I love how the Cant Cut List specifically states that if you are a league with less than ten teams you should avoid using the list due to the high number of players on that list that you will end up with. Grrrr

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
I feel your pain Rob and in a way I guess your stuck with him.

I'm actually in 5 Fantasy Football leagues right now:

Yahoo
NFL
CBS
Fox
ESPN

And I made sure I avoided him in all them.

What about Sexy Rexy?

Replacing him isnt the issue. I have a starter. Its the roster spot he is eating, which means I wont be able to drop him to pick up another player, and when I need to cover the starter for his bye week, I am going to have to drop someone I know will get snapped up as soon as they hit the waiver wire as opposed to a straight switch for injury.

Who is going to take a trade for a guy that may go on IR but if reports are accurate will miss the first 12 games of the season? Thats almost the entire fantasy football season. I will let you know if I find that person.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Well can't that person after the trade turn around and drop him. In other words, he does the dirty work for you. You know a Loop hole.

Nope, Cant Cut List applies to the whole league so no one that has him can drop him. So after a trade that person would be stuck with him.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
You're still mad at me because I took your boy Antonio Brown from you. And if you remember correctly I almost beat you for the Championship in 2009.

I would of done the same thing for your Joel.

mrkillie

Members
You're still mad at me because I took your boy Antonio Brown from you. And if you remember correctly I almost beat you for the Championship in 2009.

I would of done the same thing for your Joel.

And I would have let you!

'Cause you know what? ALMOST ain't good enough. ;)

And yeah, what the heck are you doing drafting him that early, anyway?
I got him in the 15th round of one of my other leagues, and he's still available in 2 others that I play.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Blah Blah Blah....Let's deal with this on the Field. I'm actually excited Football is back because a second chance to kick you to the curb this year. LOL!;)

Anyways, the reason you take a risk on a player early is because he has the potential of being a sleeper in FF. That's why. People do it all the time.

mrkillie

Members
Blah Blah Blah....Let's deal with this on the Field. I'm actually excited Football is back because a second chance to kick you to the curb this year. LOL!;)

Anyways, the reason you take a risk on a player early is because he has the potential of being a sleeper in FF. That's why. People do it all the time.

When I drafted my first team, Brown was buried in the rankings (around 1800 or something) and I don't think anyone knew who he was. Then, all the final cuts were made and all of a sudden he's in the 200s and people like you are grabbing him. I really don't know who's gonna be better, Brown or Sanders, but I do know that one of them will be stepping up 'cause Ward will be getting hurt and Wallace will be getting double covered all the time. So we'll see-you got Brown, I got Sanders. In Pittsburgh they seem to think it will be Sanders, but I thought Brown was more impressive in the pre-season and at the end of last year.

They removed him from the Cant Cut List saying that since he was not available at the beginning of the season he should not have been on that list, so I was able to drop him. My starting QB isnt one that has me super thrilled and since the draft was before most of the information came out on him missing time and needing additional surgery I figured I had already covered my starting line up at that point so I might as well pick him up, this is a QB heavy league, as in QBs account for about 45-60 points a game and running backs are about 35-45 a game, WR at about 30-40 a game. It has points for completions that drive up the QB value and Peyton is notorious for completing 25-30 passes a game which would have been 18.75-22.5 points a week(yes, .75 points per completion, insane), vs my starter who is sitting at about 18-20 completions a week on average. Thats a 6-9 point difference a week which is huge.