• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Petsmart deal on 125g

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
If you order online for instore pick up, the 125 tank, cabinet, tops, and lights runs $371! Not sure how long this sale will last.

Sent from my VS985 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

FishEggs

Looks like it's available in Greenbelt and Germantown, MD and Springfield, VA right now.
I'll be passing by Greenbelt, MD tomorrow if someone needs help getting one.

ann0087

Members
I got this combo set on black Friday...it's a great deal, as long as your are looking for freshwater. It won't work so well for salt.

rpitonyak

Members
I bought a 56 tall from Petsmart a year ago with a particle stand. It has held up great so far. It is sealed with laminate, so as long as that does not get chipped or water does not get under the laminate particle stands are fine. They are not as durable as real wood stands. But you cannot beat the price when the discount is offered. I doubt you can find a 125 tank for $371. The particle stand might as well be free at this price!

rsanz

monster tank newbie
FWIW, I was tempted by the $371 deal on the 125g kit from Petsmart when it was live, but ultimately decided to pass on it despite it being a screaming deal. The reasons I passed are:

1. I was nervous about a particle board stand, which leaves the ends of the 125g unsupported, holding up under +1,000 lbs. long-term with little kiddos running around. I was willing to pay more for peace of mind.
  2. In my experience, the Petsmart 125g kit tanks *feel* less substantial than standalone AGA tanks sold from other LFS. For one, there is only 1 center brace vs. 2 braces in the AGA tanks. Secondly, myself and my wife could easily lift the Petsmart kit tank ourselves. When I purchased a new standalone AGA tank, it took 3 of us to lift it comfortably. That leads me to believe that the glass is thicker, which results in a sturdier tank. The kit tanks are, IMO, definitely built differently than the standalone AGA tanks which may explain the price difference. I didn't want to risk it on a tank this large that could cause serious property damage if were to leak or break.
Just my 2 cents. :unsure: