• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Petsmart a Twitter feed

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
After checking out and following PetSmart's twitter feed. I didn't realized the genuine disdain for that company and not just from aquarium hobbyist. I know what I am getting into when I buy from my local PetSmart. It's the only LFS with in an hours drive.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Keep in mind that someone is 10x more likely to post something online or say something to another if they have a negative experience than if they have a positive experience.

A lot of what you see is biased (either consciously or subconsciously).

I think that a lot of more experienced hobbyists have a disdain for Petsmart and other Big Box stores for a variety of reasons. But they also have their purpose. BB stores are responsible nowadays for getting a lot of people into the hobby. If they are successful they "climb the ladder" so to speak and become more advanced and start to shop more at lfs, online, join clubs, breed fish, etc...

It's ironic that once someone advances into the hobby they begin to look with disdain on the BB store that may have been responsible for getting them started.

Andy

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I got reintroduced when I saw dwarf puffer in PetSmart. I base my opinion of the stores on the staff and the advice I hear them give or advice I have been given and the quality of v the livestock. That's for any pet store and not just the big box stores My store is hit or miss depending on the employees working. I wish I had the time to work PT at my local PetSmart or since they are the closet to me do see if I could provide better service. But the money isn't worth what I would have to give up on my other jobs.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

samsmobb

Members
Prince- Think of me fulfilling that very goal, I go to school and since am young petsnart is a great job for me. And they are actually extremely friendly there. I do however try to provide the best service to people and countless times do I see myself referring people to the cca website or any other sites I can think of. Depending on what that customer is looking for. Trust me it becomes very tedious at times the constant repetition. However just one customer saying I helped and tell me they'll come back to talk to me again because I know my stuff makes it worth it.

dogofwar

CCA Members
It's too bad that there are so few LFS anymore to employ young folks.

I worked at an LFS in high school ("Big Don's Pet Hut") and it was a great experience that I don't think would have been as fulfilling at a chain store (or fast food).

I also had a paper route ;)

Matt

Prince- Think of me fulfilling that very goal, I go to school and since am young petsnart is a great job for me. And they are actually extremely friendly there. I do however try to provide the best service to people and countless times do I see myself referring people to the cca website or any other sites I can think of. Depending on what that customer is looking for. Trust me it becomes very tedious at times the constant repetition. However just one customer saying I helped and tell me they'll come back to talk to me again because I know my stuff makes it worth it.