• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

petsmarrt reptile hides aquarium safe?

Goonie

CCA Members
Looking for a couple of large hides for knife fish/eels/ loaches and the like and they have some interesting stuff in their reptile section, is it aquarium safe ? Its the same plastic as the fish decorations and they say its the same company my concerns the paint.

Becca

Members
Probably, but they might not sink.

You could try bamboo pipes. They sink easily with a boil and knife-fish love them. A lot of knife fish will also hide in clear tubes because they're using electrical sensations to determine if they're sheltered, not the type of "vision" we use.

Goonie

CCA Members
Bamboo is a good call, I will give that a try. finding a large enough piece may be a task but wont know until I try. (need a new loach home too)

Becca

Members
Bamboo is a good call, I will give that a try. finding a large enough piece may be a task but wont know until I try. (need a new loach home too)

I mean, I have pieces around, but I'm betting you could find some closer to you.

Goonie

CCA Members
If i can't find any local i may hot one of you up when i do my fish rounds through fredrick and silver springs