• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Petrochromis Famula

I thought I would share a pic of my Texas Gold dominant male. He is a stunner and my pics, obviously, do not do him justice. On a side note, I stripped a female yesterday and now have 8 little Texas gold fry in a grow out tank. Two more females are holding so I should have quite a bit more fry in the following weeks.

Here he is:
100_0368Medium.jpg

Nice, whenever you get some juvies up to size are you selling them or keeping them. Would like to get a few if possible, what would be your price? Are you local here in the Maryland area?

Gerard

Gerard, I plan to keep some of them and sell the rest. Somwhere in the $20 range, though that is not set in stone and yes, I live in Maryland. Let me know if interested and I'll add you to the growing list.

longstocking

Members
Leigh just to let you know it won't be as long as you think lol....They grow like weeds and hit 1 inch within 3 weeks after egg sack is absorbed...at 2 months they are at 2 inches :eek:

Yeah, thanks for the heads up. I should have plenty of fry as long as the feamles hold well.

You were right Sarah, they are just shy of 1 inch now. they do grow quick.

More good news. I removed a second famula female and put her in an isolation tank. She looks to be holding 10-20 eggs and has been holding for two weeks now so I'm happy about that. I have a third female that spawned last night or this morning so I should have even more in a few weeks.

It also looks like my Petrochromis "Red Fin" Longola are getting ready to spawn as well. There is quite a bit of activity in my tank right now. :)

Well gang, yesterday was good to me. I stripped my second largest female famula and got 20 half inch fry from her! The good news is I have one more female to strip this afternoon so, hopefully, she will do just as good as the last. It doesn't look like the breeding activity of my Famula is going to stop anytime soon. :)

Here are two more pics of my dominant male.

100_0384Small.jpg

100_0381Small.jpg