• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Peru Order Released From Q

Andrew

Members
Got some goodies from Iquitos in stock.

A few of my favorites:
Chameleon Loricaria
Flash Plecos
Zebra Otos
Coral Red Pencils
A couple Apistos
Acarichthys heckelli (50-point fish!)

And lots more... Come check it out!

maddog10

Members
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Andrew @ Feb 29 2008, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Acarichthys heckelli (50-point fish!)[/b]

Actually you would get 50 points for breeding + 50 points for being the first person in the club to breed the fish and another 50 points if you auction off fry. Thats 150 points from this 1 group of fish.

and its a beautiful fish to boot. The April AFI Magazine has an article on them and as tempting as they look they will need a huge tank with lots of stuff in the tank....but probably the prettiest eartheater that I have ever seen.

dogofwar

CCA Members
A. heckeli are worth keeping just for their beauty.

I hear that they require a mostly buried piece of PVC pipe as their spawning site.

They don't need a huge tank and they're not hard to keep, per se. Lots of food and water changes. Probably a 55 or better a 70G.

I had a group back in my Sacramento fishroom that I grew from 1.5-2" to 4-5" in a year and a half or so. One female had her tube down a couple of times. They weren't really aggressive with other fish or each other 99% of the time....until the alpha male went crazy one day and shredded the female. Didn't have much luck after that.

I kept them with a large pair of keyholes and some bigger tetras in a 40g.

Andrew: how much are they and how large? When does the shipment arrive?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Robert Peterson @ Mar 1 2008, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
and its a beautiful fish to boot. The April AFI Magazine has an article on them and as tempting as they look they will need a huge tank with lots of stuff in the tank....but probably the prettiest eartheater that I have ever seen.[/b]

mscichlid

Founder
I stopped by today and picked up a couple of red coral pencilfish and a couple of apistos. The zebra ottos look nice. They won't be there long I imagine!