• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Peacock Suggestions?

P.Knight

Members
Im looking to get a peacock at the meet this weekend to really set my tank off, the peacocks i have right now are all around 2-2.5 inchs. they are 2 sunshines, cape kaiser, blue regal, blue dorsal fin, bi-color, and 2 other ones that i got in a mixtures ones blue and orange and the other one is suppose to be a ruby red i think it has a blue head and orangish yellow body

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
What size tank? Is this an all-male setup? They are some haplochromine species that could also be added in the same size and temperament range.

If it's an all male tank, you need to look for peacocks or haps that do not look like your current stock. I also lean toward the more peaceful ones, too, for all male, unless you have a very large tank . . .

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
You could try a flametail peacock (Stuartgranti Ngara/Ndoka) but most of the other peacocks probably aren't suited for an all male 55 gallon setup. The jakes will get too large and probably aggressive, and the dwarf peacocks wouldn't fare well in an all male setup. Others might be tough to locate.

Some good hap alternates could be :

Sciaenochromis Fryeri/Ahli
Placidochromis electra
Otopharynx Lithobates
Protomelas Taeniolatus

The tank may seem a little light now, but these guys will need some space once the get bigger.