• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Passive CO2 in Plastic Bottle

Cal

CCA Members
I recently saw a video of Cory visiting a store in San Francisco area. The owner was filling up an empty Gatorade bottle in the fish tank. Does anyone know how they are securing the bottle from flipping over? The video shows the owner going tank to tank filling up CO2 in an inverted plastic bottles with a piece of Styrofoam.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
If you want some diy co2 kits I have a few of the Hagen systems with the ladders. The work great on small tanks like 20 gallons

Cal

CCA Members
It's way more basic than that. In the beginning of the video you can see the fish store owner filling up CO2 in an inverted plastic bottles.

Becca

Members
I've heard of using a soda bottle with a yeast culture to make your own CO2, but this is new to me...

I used to use a one gallon lab bottle, with a yeast culture in it. I fed the line into the intake on a power head, to chew up the bubbles and dissolve them into the water stream.

That one culture was able to feed a 125 heavily planted tank.