• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Paludarium

So I've been switching gears in setting up tanks lately and started experimenting with paludariums.

This is a 33g long tank that has both terrestrial and aquatic plants. There are a lot of very small fish and three types of freshwater shrimp in the wet area. There is even a small waterfall coming out of the the driftwood that is sort of in the middle of the tank

The first picture is about a month after the setup, which I started in late February. The second picture was taken last week. There is still a lot of filling in that needs to happen and about every week I tweak something in the tank.

Enjoy!

Arlene

33g Long Paludarium.jpg

Paludarium05302014.jpg

Here's a picture of the waterfall!

Sorry for the blurriness of the water, but I haven't figured out how to get a clearer sour of water with my phone camera.

Arlene

0602141317.jpg

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Whats the tall plant? I am planning a simulated tiered rice paddy with a water fall for my newts. I an still planning and waiting for the 1 dollar per gallon sale. I want to use a 29 gallon.

The tall plant is a dwarf papyrus.

I found almost all of the terrestrial plants from Merrifield Garden Center. All the aquatic plants are only found in the hobby trade or through members of GWAPA.

Arlene