• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Our first web page

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Capital Cichlid Association
lamprologus_05.jpg

On Friday July 20, 2001, John Burns sent an e-mail to four other individuals inviting them to join in establishment of a cichlid fish club. In response to that e-mail:

On Sunday, July 22, 2001, Joe Szelesi, Lorne Williams, John Burns, and Francine Bethea met at the home of Joe Szelesi in Temple Hills, Maryland with the intention of establishing a cichlid fish hobbyist club centered in the Washington, DC area. After a brief discussion, these four individuals formed the Capital Cichlid Association. After further discussion, all agreed the bylaws should be simple and the only officers should be president, vice-preident, secretary, and treasurer. Only the office of secretary and treasurer should be held by a single individual. By unanimous agreement, Joe Sleszi was elected president, Lorne Williams vice-president, and John Burns secretary-treasurer. Francine Bethea requested the position of membership chair and all agreed to this appointment. Francine will also serve as media chair.

The rest, as they say, is history.

I come across this every so often. The original history page of the CCA

Last edited:

Leffler817

CCA Members
That's awesome!!! :happy0144:

How come the links don't work? :fighting0097: :spanka: :smashfreakB: :beamup: :sign0002:

Vinh2o

Members
I grew up 5 minutes away from Temple Hills in Suitland. Mind blowing to me that the 1st meeting happened so close to me. I would also assume that I have run across these individuals as Kid in the Aquarium shops on St. Barnabas RD, Branch Ave, and over on Marlboro Pike in the late 70's and 80's.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I was wrong......This is the original first page. The other was history. I fixed it.

Capital Cichlid
Association

The CCA is centered around the Washington, DC area. Whether your interest is in rift lake cichlids, discus, apistogrammas, angels, Central American cichlids, or any of the other cichlidae, we hope you will consider joining us.

CCA does the ACA! Click here to read Charolett Nielson's article
about the success of CCA's members at the 2002 ACA national meeting.

lamprologus_04.jpg

The above photography of a Lamprologus hovering about its shell was taken by our own Francine Bethea. It won 1st place in its class at the 2001 ACA National Convention. Used with permission.

Optimized for Netscape 4+ or Internet Explorer 5+ and a screen resolution of 800 by 600

Last edited:

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Capital Cichlid Association
lamprologus_05.jpg

The first election of CCA officers by the general
membership will occur in October 2002.
2001-2002 Officers:
President Joe Szelesi
Vice President Lorne Williams
Secretary John Burns
Treasurer Daniel Cohen

Last edited:

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
The other links have personal emails from back then. LOL
And links to other web sites.

Oh and our Yahoo group. LOL

JLW

CCA Members
What does it mean optimised for "Internet Explorer" and "Netscape?" What are those?