• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Opinions on Tank

fischfan13

Banned
I am assuming 3 feet long by 3 feet wide by 25 inches high...correct?
Using my Aquatic Calculator that comes to 140 gallons.
Nice size, a lot of water volume, but unfortunately, in my opinion, not large enough for Frontosa unless they are fry or juvies that you are growing out.

Exactly 36w 36d 25 high 140 gallon on the money. It happens to fit right in a corner area. Im not a expert by any means but I have been looking and the frontosa Im looking into reaches 15 inches. Why wouldnt you think this tank would be ok?

Jumbie

Members
I agree with Bill, the tank you are looking holds a large body of water but it's not that spacious. Adult fronts sholud have a 5-6' tank. Look for something like a 120, 125, 150, 210, 265 these are all 5 feet or longer. FYI some 120g come in 4' as well. Hope this helps.

fischfan13

Banned
Exactly 36w 36d 25 high 140 gallon on the money. It happens to fit right in a corner area. Im not a expert by any means but I have been looking and the frontosa Im looking into reaches 15 inches. Why wouldnt you think this tank would be ok?

Because, as you said, you are talking about a fish that will grow to about 15", and that will be a little less then 1/2 the length of the tank...really an uncomfortable fit.
As Jumbie said a 125g or larger would be ideal for Fronts.

You know I wasnt even thinking that way, I was just so intrigued by the 36 wide and 140 gallon I forgot that the lenght was the same. Im a dumb a$$!!!! I think I will still give it a look see beacause there are some other fish I have my eye on that will only get 6 inches.

The frontosa will come after my 150 is resealed. Thanks for opening my eyes!!!

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Sounds like an awesome tank size for aquascaping. If you do decide to go with it though, try to allow for access from the back as it may be *very* difficult to clean from the front.

Actually, if you're putting it in the corner, you only have to worry about the back corner then.... Should be ok to hit most of it.

I say you get it and fill it with lots of rock and mbuna. :)

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I saw that tank at the petsmart in germantown. Vertically challenged people such as myself would need a step stool to get into it. Otherwise it is a pretty sweet tank.