• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Open-house blowout sale

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Thursday after 4:00PM and all day Friday. Plants, fish, tanks, filters, lights, etc. - it's just easier this way. Deals on everything - only ask that visitors be well-behaved.

Address is 2615 13th Street NW at Euclid Street, DC, top floor, midway between Columbia Heights and U Street Metro stations on green/yellow line. Will hold items or may bring to meeting if I receive a reasonable bid in advance.

Ptyacochromis oligacanthus – reliable spawning pair, truly awesome Madagascar cichlids
Cobra guppies – 15+ adults
Oblongum fry – 100+
Apisto.vijeita females – 3 adults
Apisto. vijeita quartet –M/FFF adults
Biotodoma cupido – 4 adults
Nannacara aureocephalus – 6+ juveniles/adults
Black veil angels – 4 adults
Paraiba blue angels – 4 adults
Acarichtyhs heckelii pair – M/F adults – perhaps the most stunning New World cichlid
Apisto. iniridae 4-5 adults
Inca stone fish – 1 adult male
Large yellow Ancistrus – numerous M/F adults
Apisto. panduro – reliable spawning pair
Apisto. panduro – 6-8 juveniles
Discus – 1 captive bred medium-sized adult (very pretty- wild type with red & blue fins)
Apito. Kelleri – awesome breeding pair of large mouth-breeding type
Apisto. Kelleri – 6-8 juveniles
Nannacara anomala – 6-8 juvemiles/adults + fry
Betta unimcaulata – 10-12 1†juveniles of largest Betta species
Nimbochromis teugelsi – 4-5 adults
Corydoras weitzmani – 15+ adults
Corydoras super arcuatus – 12+ adults of second largest Corydoras
Corydoras robustus – 7-8 adults, largest member of genus Corydoras
Apisto. Kelleri white variety – 2 adult pairs
Show-class angels – 3 spawning pairs, 3-4 years old:
Philippine blue M/F;
Huge M dark hybrid black superveil combtail M/Platinum pearlscale veil F;
Huge M platinum SV combtail/Philippine blue F
Blue tetras - 15 adults
Wild tetras - 4 untyped adults

Tanks:
(1) 75 48†x 18†mint with tops, Catalina 4 tube T5 light fixture w/moonlights, serviceable but homely double door wooden stand on casters/wheels is optional/free.
(1) 55H black trim, glass tops, Deep Blue 48†dual T5s w/moonlights – one with very groovy hardwood cabinet with double doors and drawer, one with double wrought iron stand that will hold another 55 or 2 20Hs or a 33 or a 44 (anything 48†x 12â€)
(2) 40B with glass tops, 36†Deep Blue dual T5/Coralife twin compact fluorescent (CF)
(1) 33L with double T8 shop light
(2) 30 36†x 12†with double wrought iron stand, cheap lights
(1) 30 cube with cabinet stand and tops (nice)
(2) 29Hs with tops, T5 w/moonlights or CF fixture
(3) 20Ls with tops, T5 fixtures w/moonlights
(2) 20Hs with tops
(1) Metaframe steel and slate 20L with plastic hood
(1) 15 with tops, 30†Deep Blue dual T5
(18) 10s with glass tops, sponge filters
(6) 5s, three with full plastic hoods/lights, 2 more w/glass tops, one plain tank, sponge filters
(1) 8 gallon Biocube - needs new ballast
(1) 12 Bio-cube with black cabinet stand
(1) 1 40B critter tank/terrarium (thin glass)

Stands:

2 72†x 18†black angle iron double stands, one center braced (each will hold 12 10s on end, 4 40Bs or various combination of small tanks;
3 wrought iron double 48†x 12†stands;
1 wrought iron double 29 stand
1 wrought iron double 15 stand
1 wrought iron double 10 stand
Black double wooden stand for 2 20Ls

Have numerous 24" to 48" Coralife CFs and Deep Blue T5s, 40+ variously sized Jaeger/Fluval M heaters, various HOB and sponge filters, etc., etc., etc. as well as a massive amount of Anubias, driftwood, low-light plants and substrates that includes a lot of fine white gravel and clean white play sand (very fine), also agate pea and finer stone/gravel. And a small mountain of fishroom supplies - pretty much anything for freshwater from breeder boxes to an RO/DI system and rain/collection barrel.

There's also a lightly-used (guest room) $3000 Stearns & Foster California King size pillow-top mattress and box spring that is going cheap ($500?) if someone wants a truly enormous and luxurious bed...
:D

Becca

Members
Oh, Sam, not on a work night!!!! LOL. Will check with the hubs to see if we can get there to pick up the 55, etc., on Friday night.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Sam, I'd be interested in some apistos, but I won't be able to stop by on Friday. I know pickups get priority, so I won't call dibs on anything. I'll touch base with you and see whats available after all pickups are done. Good luck with everything even though its sad to see you go.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
And so it begins.... :(

Circling-Vultures.jpg

clearsky5

CCA Members
WELL........
sam could insist that everyone sign in as an active paid up member before they come through the door...(or have membership forms on a table on the porch to fill out before they come in)??????
maybe I don't want to open that can of worms...
but i suppose it isn't fair to penalize him for wanting to liquidate.....
guess this is a topic for another time....

If I were in town, I 'd be there... there are some really cool things!

Becca

Members
Sheesh, guys, lay on any more shame and we'll all be too embarrassed to show up... Sam will be left with everything!

Becca

Members
Something tells me that Sam's front porch is going to look like the outside of the Apple store the night before a new I phone gets released... Of course, Sam offers much better stuff than any Apple store.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Additional stock/items

5 Uruguayan untyped WC Corydoras paleatus-type adults
Assorted widowed M/F Apistogrammas
Adult spawning pair of HRPs "Rio Danil" with red fins
Spawning pair of crimson Hemichromis guttatus (small and mellower African jewelfish)
M/F pair of adult orange Krobia xinguensis- just starting to spawn (male had to grow up)
Spawning group of 8-10 Aspidoras albater
Eheim 2224

Becca

Members
5 Uruguayan untyped WC Corydoras paleatus-type adults
Assorted widowed M/F Apistogrammas
Adult spawning pair of HRPs "Rio Danil" with red fins
Spawning pair of crimson Hemichromis guttatus (small and mellower African jewelfish)
M/F pair of adult orange Krobia xinguensis- just starting to spawn (male had to grow up)
Spawning group of 8-10 Aspidoras albater
Eheim 2224

If you have any A. macmasteri, I have a widowed one... I think it's female...

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
Got some great plants. Sam has tons more available.
Lots of tanks and lights and stands and fish and heaters and ... left. Get there if you can.