• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Old school vs. New school

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
There seem to be a lot of people here into cars. If you had to pick one car from the "good ol' days" and one car fom the present, what would they be? If you had to pick just one, what would it be? I'd say cut off for old school would be 1980. My picks:
Old school: '69 Camaro RS or Stingray vette
New school: M3 BMW or 911 turbo

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
1987 COUNTACH OR 1990 DIABLO WOULD BE MY MODERN DREAM CAR.
A 1972 CHEVY NOVA SS JACKED UP ON LOW PROFILES AND CRAGAR CHROME RACING RIMS.
THESE BABIES TAKE ME BACK TO MY GOOD OLD DAYS AS A YOUNGSTER.

longstocking

Members
lol franny I had that car in college.... loved it. Was a fun car to drive in on the LA freeways LMAO.......... 130 mph in an old car and an old freeway is interesting LOL

Old School- '78 Datsun 280Z

my dream car... either old or new....

A morgan.... if you don't know what it is look it up.

Last edited:

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
1969 Chevelle SS Super Sport (Scarlet Red)

2010 Aston Martin (Metallic Sky Blue
)

A Super sport Golf cart with a small keg orator built in to drive around the yard and house with.:p:p

A 2010 Mach 5 BMW to drive to the Super Market.:p:p

DonkeyFish

Members
Nobody is going with the REAL classics?
AC Shelby Cobra. Definitely. But not a kit, a REAL one :)
New would be a draw between a Saleen S7 (not the Mustang) or Maserati Gran Tourismo S. Yummy.

Up there would also be the Fisker (look it up! One hella SEXY 4-door), early (like '02) Koenigsegg, or a very sentimental fav Z3 //M Coupe.

I know. that's more than two cars, I don't follow directions very well sometimes. AND I find the question TERRIBLY limiting given all the choices!

Jumbie

Members
Old school is a 67-68 Shelby GT Mustang (Sexy) "Eleanor" from the movie "Gone in 60 Seconds"
New school I would have to say Audi R8. (Hot)

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
My old 69 Mustang 428 super cobra jet.
Or old school I always wanted a DeTomaso Pantera
Like this.
69DeTomaso_Pantera_(Ghia).jpg

New school. Ford GT. could not find a larger pic.
images

images

maddog10

Members
I had a friend who used to own a Pantera. It is a muscle car in a euro-styled body. That car could fly.

I wanted (and still may) to build a GT-40 kit car. The original GT-40 is one of my favorite cars, just don't have million bucks laying around to buy one. A kit car will still cost of $100k to build.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
The newer version of the GT40 the GT was a lot cheaper than a mil. lol
But still out of my range.

If I did a kit it would be the AC cobra. Big block crate motor.
Right out of the Ford Motorsport Catalog. Then again everybody does those. Maybe the GT40 would be good. But no garage. No car. Wont fit in my shed with my bike.