• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Ok ... A Cool Pike !

fishfarm

Members
There might be 40-45 of these in captivity right now. Felipe just shipped twleve of them to Germany, I brought back six last trip and sold 4 for $150 each, I hope my two turn out to be a pair. I might be getting a few in April as I have a shipment from Felipe coming then. They are extremly hard to catch, in a remote area and last time they tried they got 0. My expedition next December will be going specifically to see if we can catch a bunch of these guys. Want to go with? Ken

mscichlid

Founder
I want to go really, really bad.

However, there are two major obstacles in the way:

The flight is longer than 3 hours. My maximum limit of being confined in a tube thousands of feet in the air.

There are snakes. Everywhere you go.

fishfarm

Members
Come on Francine, get over your flying phobia, It's a overnight flight and you can sleep most of the trip. We only saw two snakes the last trip in 12 days and they were both on land, didn't see a single one in the water. I gurantee you'll love it. Ken

fishfarm

Members
Got the April isuue of TFH today, got two article on Uruguay fish, One on Gymnos and a great one on Uruguay Pikes. Ken

longstocking

Members
There are a bunch being held for export by the comany I posted the link from. Not sure how many though as I don't import fish :)

fishfarm

Members
They have the 12 fish Felipe sent them in Feb, I saw the fish when I was at his place in Dec and picked mine up. Ken