• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Off to the Amazon

mab

Members
I leave soon for Puerto Maldonado, Peru. I'll miss the next meeting since I'm gone most of June.

Background on this trip: Ian Fuller and I are partners in a new tropical fish collecting enterprise in the Madre de Dios region of South East Peru. The beginning of the month is dedicated to setting up the collecting lodge and aquarium facilities. We also need to hire local staff and negotiate everything else involved with starting a foreign enterprise. Mid-June Hans-Georg Evers arrives from Germany to scout collecting locations with us. We should be set for collecting charters starting in July and may conduct our first group trip as soon as September.

You can follow this exciting enterprise on GoWildPeru on Facebook.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Giant C. semiaquilis!!!

A.k.a., Peruvian Blacks. There are also very large C. narcissus to be had in those parts I believe. I'd spring for shipping on a box if one of your group wants to split any such contents.

Just dreaming...

Rock and roll mate, rock and roll.

blkmjk

Members
Well I'm a bit peanut butter jealous. What kind of sting rays are typically found in Peru?

Drew

mab

Members
Sam,

You need to plan a trip to collect your cories. Soon we'll post collecting dates.

Michael

A.k.a., Peruvian Blacks. There are also very large C. narcissus to be had in those parts I believe. I'd spring for shipping on a box if one of your group wants to split any such contents.

Just dreaming...

Rock and roll mate, rock and roll.

mab

Members
Haven't seen any sting rays yet in Madre de Dios. There are many available out of Iquitos. Doing that trip in August - get in touch with MT Amazon Expeditions and join us. If interested PM me with your email and I'll make the introductions.

Well I'm a bit peanut butter jealous. What kind of sting rays are typically found in Peru?

Drew

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Haven't seen any sting rays yet in Madre de Dios. There are many available out of Iquitos. Doing that trip in August - get in touch with MT Amazon Expeditions and join us. If interested PM me with your email and I'll make the introductions.

I would also be up for some rays if you find them
Saw the 300 in person today, before it was delivered, and I have plenty of space for some more rays
lmk

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Sam,

You need to plan a trip to collect your cories. Soon we'll post collecting dates.

Michael

Well alright then - went climbing for 2 1/2 months in Bolivia and Ecuador last year, reckon I could manage some time in the low country, particularly if I'm assured of good company. Let me know