• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

O. Nasuta "Kipili"

jeffmo78

Members
As requested. Here are a few quick shots of my 135g.

TANK1.jpg

IMG_1794.jpg

IMG_1786.jpg

IMG_1787.jpg

IMG_1788.jpg

IMG_1789.jpg

IMG_1790.jpg

IMG_1791.jpg

IMG_1792.jpg

IMG_1793.jpg

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Great looking fish, Jeff. Gotta love the noses on the male nasuta.

Have either of them spawned for you? How is the aggression in the tank?

jeffmo78

Members
The Cyps are still too young....even the largest of my cyps are barely showing any kind of adult coloration.

I've only had both groups of these fish a few months (got them in mid July) So neither has spawned yet.

The Nasuta are actually quite peaceful so far. I think they are still adjusting to life inside a aquarium and havent quite figured out whats going on. The male that acts the most dominant keeps everyone on the right side of the aquarium (if you are looking at the aquarium from the front). They do dig smallish bowers but I think they are mostly just playing around with the sand more then anything. I was only able to purchase this group in sexed pairs. I have 4m and 4f (though the jury is still out on one of the smallest supposed males actually being male) so with some luck i have 3m/5f. I would love to get my hands on 3-5 more females. I think as this tank progresses the intensity level of their behavoir will increase. I certainly am looking forward to it. I'd be shocked if a pecking order and spawning behavoir isnt worked out with in the next 3-4 months. I will be sure to keep this thread updated with my thoughts and photos.

Do you have pics of your Nasuta? Throw them up on this thread!

Jeff

Thats what I thought but wasnt sure. Only seen them from the outside of the box as I havent added any to my menagerie of filters. Looks so much more effective than the Eheim intakes as it has more surface area.