• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

November Meeting Of The Cca

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
The November meeting of the CCA will be on the 8th at 2pm.

This month will feature Ken Davis. Ken's topic will be the Fish of Honduras. We had this talk two years ago but Ken has updated it and we have a lot of people in the club now that were not here in 2006.

Ken is the President of the Atlanta Area Aquarium Association and the Elections chairperson for the American Cichlid Association. He also was the Chairperson for the ACA convention in Atlanta this year.

We will have the usual refreshments, raffles and mini-auction.

I will post more as we get closer.

Come see what the excitement is all about.

dogofwar

CCA Members
If members want to prepare for the meeting by keeping and observing Honduran fish ( :) ), I have some fish - from Honduras - that are babies of fish that Ken collected :)

Cryptoheros cutteri "Rio Jutiapa" (F1 breeding pair) - already spoken for..
Cryptoheros cutteri "Rio Jutiapa" (F2 - 1/2") - $4

Not from Ken but also from Honduras:
Amitlania sp. "Honduran Red Point" (F2 - 1.5") - 5" and a couple young pairs - $13...

Available at the Catfish Convention :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mscichlid @ Oct 13 2008, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Is Ken bringing fish? :rolleyes:[/b]

fishfarm

Members
I will bring a box of fish to donate and will also bring fish people pre-order. I'll post a current list next week. Ken

longstocking

Members
I have some F1 gobies ready for you.... but I will be missing this meeting :( :( :( :mad0259: :sick0019:

I will try and drop them off at another members house for you before I leave for Cali :)

SF_Beast

Members
Out of curiosity how easy/hard is it to have fish imported from Honduras? I have a really good friend that is working down there for the next few months. Just wondering if it is worth trying to have him send some up. Not sure if the trouble of paperwork from customs and shipping cost are worth the effort. Any one have any experience in the matter?

-Smitty

longstocking

Members
If he does not keep fish.... he probably won't want to try and do it. Paper work... customs etc.

Not that I actually know.... as I have never tried it. But that is what I have been told.

fishfarm

Members
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SF_Beast @ Oct 20 2008, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Out of curiosity how easy/hard is it to have fish imported from Honduras? I have a really good friend that is working down there for the next few months. Just wondering if it is worth trying to have him send some up. Not sure if the trouble of paperwork from customs and shipping cost are worth the effort. Any one have any experience in the matter?

-Smitty[/b]
There are no regualtion in Honduras for exporting fish other than a $50 health certificate from a veterinarian. Problem will be on this end when you have to deal with US Fish and Wildlife. Most of the Honduran fish are now in the hobby after we have collected there so much, Buy F1's it's eaier and way cheaper. Ken

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
So what are we brining to the meeting.[/b]

Donating this large male A. stuartgranti peacock...
AulStuart1a102508.jpg

ddavila06

Members
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pat Kelly @ Nov 2 2008, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So what are we brining to the meeting.[/b]

im bringing a small group of three clown loaches, really nice, about 2.5 inches for the largest one. anyone interested? also have some golden angelfish, 2, about 3 inches tall/long, and water sprite: floating plant that grows like crazy

let me know if interested beforehands so i can set them aside, otherwise up for auction

I'll be bringing some used sponge filters, a few homemade and the others are the hydro-various sizes.
Nicaraguensis breeding pair
3 striped african glass catfish pair
Australian rainbows med to adult

Gerard

tash

Members
I will probably bring:

~a Millenium 3000 HOB filter. it needs a new o-ring which I never got around to getting as per this thread http://www.capitalcichlids.org/forum/index...?showtopic=2288. however I have been using the bio media in my diy filter so if anyone wants me to keep it wet I can (I got some other media that fits better in my diy filter).

~walter worms-these are just like microworms but a little smaller and they stay suspended in water longer then microworms. my cardinal tetras love them, great for fry too. ime they are also hardier then microworms, but that might just have been luck :shrug: they also seem to grow really fast (I just started a new culture yesterday and today there are some on the sides).

~shells if I can find them (whales eye)

~maybe misc other things I need to get out of my house

I would love to get some blackworms if anyone has any.

SF_Beast

Members
I have a few things too much to name. Gotta depart with a few of my Africans before my deployment :angry3: . Mostly Mabuna though. A few large fish, most of them proven breeding groups.

ingg

Members
Looks like I'll be hitting this meeting for a little while anyhow.... anyone interested in some easy to grow, long grassy stem plants that even take Discus temps? :)

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ingg @ Nov 5 2008, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Looks like I'll be hitting this meeting for a little while anyhow.... anyone interested in some easy to grow, long grassy stem plants that even take Discus temps? :)[/b]

Bring it, I have my 150 with Discus and a few sword plants. May go for that.

marge618

CCA member
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ingg @ Nov 5 2008, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Looks like I'll be hitting this meeting for a little while anyhow.... anyone interested in some easy to grow, long grassy stem plants that even take Discus temps? :)[/b]

I want the long grassy stem plants that will grow in hard water and grow s l o w l y. Don't know what they are called.