• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Noticed Something Today

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
You know, I noticed something today. I was busy trying to get on here, (still having problems from work. Its not the forum, its my work) and I noticed that the club turned 6 years old on July 22.

It seems that there were 4 people at that get together and they formed the club that day in 2001. Some 6 years later we have grown from 4 people to the current 67. While there are a number of Charter members (people that started the first year) still here, only 1 of the first 4 people is still with us, and, she has served the club well. Thank you Francine, for your years of work and dedication to the club and our hobby.

67 is good but I am still looking for 100 in 2008. :smashfreakB:

Thanks Francine for your fortitude. It has to be tough to hang around with so many changes and new "pain in the a-- new members", like me. :lol:

Don't you dare consider being the last of the first to leave us. :D

Charlutz

Members
Who is Francine? Just kidding. Don't want to start a
boxing.gif
fencing.gif
Don't want Pat to think
banplease.gif
but it may be time to
bolt.gif
and then
icon_jook.gif
. Congrats Francine.
kiss.gif
whoo.gif

Nice to not use the jumpy girl for everything!

D

daniel4832

There was another group of three, working on the same idea for the club, at about the same time, but the "gang of four" beat them in starting the club :rolleyes: There are two of them still active in the club as charter members.
It is nice to see the club grow from meeting at Ron's house (one of those three charter members) to being able to bring some of the biggest names in the hobby to our meetings, and running a fish show in October. Let's see if we can break the record for attendance at September's meeting, and work to break 100 members in our club! :D
Thanks,
Daniel
PS Doesn't cool calm Calvin fit me perfectly :smashfreakB:

D

daniel4832

Francine,
I have always felt an affinity to Calvin, basicly good hearted but his passions sometimes interfere with good judgement :FIREdevil:
Thanks,
Daniel