• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Next Uruguay trip, who wants to go?

fishfarm

Members
Hi Guys, I am takeing reservations for my next trip to Uruguay, 10 people max, cost is $1,550 per person plus your airfare. A nonrefundable deposit is require to hold your spot. Exact dates are not set yet, but we will leave Miami either November 6th or 8th and return November 21st, so two full weeks of collecting with the best guide in the buisness Felipe Cantera (http://www.aqvaterra.com/), all food, travel, lodgeing, export permits, ect are included in the price, Felipe picks us up at the airport and drops us back off and is there until the plane takes off. While in Uruguay he takes care of your every need. This trip will be going to the Treinta Y Tres area in Eastern Uruguay for 4-5 days and they up to the north west to Ricon de Pacheco, Artigas, Salto and then to the Paysandu region which has never been collected before. We will catch many, many species of fish, more than you could ever bring back; Gymnogeophagus, Cichlasoma, Crenicichla, Astroloheros, Apistogramma, Ansistrus, Hoplias, tetras, livebearers and many more. E-mail me with any questions. fishfarm@mindspring.com Ken

fishfarm

Members
Itinerary has changed, for the better I think!
Hi Guys, I am takeing reservations for my next trip to Uruguay, 10 people max, cost is $1,550 per person plus your airfare. A nonrefundable deposit is require to hold your spot. Leave November 29th and return Decmeber 12th, so two full weeks of collecting with the best guide in the buisness Felipe Cantera (http://www.aqvaterra.com/), all food, travel, lodgeing, export permits, ect are included in the price, Felipe picks us up at the airport and drops us back off and is there until the plane takes off. While in Uruguay he takes care of your every need. This trip will be going to the Paysandu area in western Uruguay on the Rio Queguay which has never been collected and then up to the north to Tranqueras in Rivera then west to Ricon de Pacheco (Rio Cuariem), Collect the road between Artigas and Salto, then on to the Lagoona at Constitucion, and saving the best for last, the Bella Union region (Rio Uruguay). We will catch many, many species of fish, more than you could ever bring back; Gymnogeophagus, Cichlasoma, Crenicichla, Astroloheros, Apistogramma, Ansistrus, Hoplias, tetras, livebearers and many more. E-mail me with any questions. fishfarm@mindspring.com Ken

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Ken, I would love to go not only for the excitement of collecting in the deep south( South America), but to see the sites.

I saw a handful of pictures from DogofWar's (Matt Quinn) trip to Uruguay and it looked beautiful. And you don't have to tell me about the food, I know it's Awesome!

I'm going to think about it...

Thanx anyways,

Richard

fishfarm

Members
Right now airfare is $700-800, add $400-500 spending money (which with an all inclusive trip is hard to spend!) and your under $3000 for a two week vacation in South America and you get to bring back fish, Figure what two weeks in Florida would cost and it ain't that bad! I brought back enough fish to sell some and pay for my trip and still have everything I wanted. You are limited to two suit cases by the airlines so that is the limiting factor, I can get a lot of fish in two big suitcases. :) Matt can attest to that. There is a legal limit in what you can take out, but I have yet to even come close. Ken

fishfarm

Members
Ken, I would love to go not only for the excitement of collecting in the deep south( South America), but to see the sites.

I saw a handful of pictures from DogofWar's (Matt Quinn) trip to Uruguay and it looked beautiful. And you don't have to tell me about the food, I know it's Awesome!

I'm going to think about it...

Thanx anyways,

Richard
Let me know, I need to get this trip filled soon, I have 5 people now so have space for 4-5 more. Ken