• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

NEW WORLD OR OLD WORLD

WHAT DO YOU PREFER TO KEEP

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
AFTER SEEING JUMBIES 2010 ACA POSTI WONDERED WHAT THE CLUB WAS KEEPING AND THOPUGHT THIS MIGHT BE AN EASY WAY TO TELL. IM PRETTY SURE AFRICAN CICHLIDS IS A BIG CHUNK BUT ID LIKE TO SEE THE #S. TAKE A MOMENT AND TAKE THE POLL AND SHARE WHAT YOU KEEP. :)

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
I HAVE RAISED BOTH AND ENJOY BOTH BUT I ENJOY SA/CA ALOT MORE AS THEY ARE BIGGER AND MORE AGGRESSIVE. THIS MAKES FOR SOME INTERESTING FISH WATCHING.I LOVE THEM!

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I prefer to keep African, but I keep both (as my name implies). Only 1 of my 12 tanks is American. Which should I vote for?

Cartel

Members
I feel like a trader I just picked new world when I meant to hit old world ugh!

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

Jumbie

Members
I own both New and Old world but I prefer New World.
NEW WORLD 4 Life lol.:fighting0097::tongue0015:

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
LMAO, guys....

I picked old world. Even though I have a pair of cutteri and a pair of apisto, I figure that those four fish don't really count against 20 tanks worth of Africans.

iamzrad

Members
What is this "new world" you speak of? lol

I use to have a couple of new world's, but resorted back to my African's :)

I would so do a new world cichlid tank, but I just don't have the room to set up a big-*** tank...maybe one day!

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
LMAO, guys....

I picked old world. Even though I have a pair of cutteri and a pair of apisto, I figure that those four fish don't really count against 20 tanks worth of Africans.
Thats pretty much the same boat I'm in, except you have double the tank space.

DQ had me go the "I've got fish" route.

special ed.jpg

cmcpart0422

Members
Right now I keep all old world. When I get a new place and a big tank I'm def going to keep new world in it though. Big and aggressive = fun.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I put both but I key 75% or so new world... And every tank that has Africans also has new world in it. Who knew that chanchitos and mbuna could mix well?

You don't need big tanks for new world - there are tons of medium sized ones with all of the personality of guapotes without the need to flood the basement

Matt

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
I'm Old World Bro!

My Nimbochromis venustus gets to be about 10 inches big and my Protomelas sp. "Spilonotus Tanzania" will be close to 10 inches too.

I'm set:)))

mrkillie

Members
I put both but I key 75% or so new world... And every tank that has Africans also has new world in it. Who knew that chanchitos and mbuna could mix well?

You don't need big tanks for new world - there are tons of medium sized ones with all of the personality of guapotes without the need to flood the basement

Matt

Not me, but I could have told you that salvinis do well with mbuna - had them together about, oh, 30 years ago or so.

Does that makes it sound like I'm getting old?

Joel