• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

*NEW* May 31 2010

msjinkzd

invert junkie
green spikey nerite (corona species) $3

Bumble bee nerite $3

Red spot nerite $2.50
Zebra nerite $2.50

Towuti white spot rabbit snail $6

Amano shrimp $2 (subadults)
Malawa shrimp $3 (juvies)
Cherry shrimp *SPECIAL* $1.50 (adult )
Bamboo shrimp $7
Black bee shrimp $3.50 each (these are subadults)

Bumblebee shrimp $4 each (adults)

Bangladesh "black bee"- not sure of exact genus on these but they look pretty much identical to the black babaulti and some have some striping which is consistent with babaulti stripes $3.50 each

marbled tiger $5 each

Dwarf cajun cray $6

Bumble bee catfish (dwarf orange) $5
Galaxy rasboras (mix of domestic and wild caught) $4.50
Rasbora agilis (?) $2

ember tetras $1
Furcata rainbow $3

Norman's lampeyes $3

chili rasbora $2

Cardinal tetras: $2 each. 10 or more, $1.50 each

dario dario UNSEXED $4 each

burmese gold ring danios $2.50 each

dogofwar

CCA Members
As Kevin would say, those rasboras are gangster ;)

is it ok to keep different kinds of shrimp together?

Matt

msjinkzd

invert junkie
depends on what they are. You can keep the indian caridina with asian caridina and either with neocaridina or with the low order shrimps but you should not house like species (asian caridina with asian caridina or neos with neos). There ar ea few species which are not known to hybridize with any (for instanca malawa shrimp). Of larger concern is other needs as shrimp are very sensitive to hardness and temperature and depending on their origin, have very different needs.

msjinkzd

invert junkie
they are mahoooooooooooosive!! larger around then a thumb and at least 3-4" long. Really cool snails :D

Leffler817

CCA Members
they are mahoooooooooooosive!! larger around then a thumb and at least 3-4" long. Really cool snails :D

The white rabbit snails? What are their behavioral habits, ie are they like the zebra nerites? Do they eat/clean like the zebras? (the gears are starting to turn in my head)

msjinkzd

invert junkie
no, they are not algae eaters so much. They need to be target fed a decent diet of a good mix of vegetable and protein (they seem to prefer the veggie side). From my understanding, alot of them graze the silt substrate in teh wild. They really enjoy calcium pellets (from the drug store) and they eat bottom feeder pellets readily (both kens veggie sticks, hikari bottom feeder tablets, algae wafers etc). They are sex specific and will reproduce in freshwater giving birth to singular young about once monthly. I am not positive on how to sex them, as there doesn't seem to be obvious sexual dimorphism. They have visible faces and are relatively slow moving for snails so should not be kept with nippy fish.

Leffler817

CCA Members
Hmmmmmm? thinking about it... I was showing my wife the pictures and she asked why there was a red spot snail shell upside down outside the tank, its not dead is it? She's just a little emotional being 9 months preggers and all. lol.

msjinkzd

invert junkie
i save all the shells of the ones that come in poorly to drop into my snail tanks or to sell to people who make shadow boxes or just collect them. That was just sitting there. Hope I didn't upset her, it was an empty shell :)
edit: Livestock for baby's first tank is on the house! :D

Leffler817

CCA Members
She's not upset at all. :) Just curious and she likes the black bee shrimp. Thanks for the offer, let you know...

MonteSS

Members
I kmow nothing about the nerites/snail. Enlighten me please. I have a brown algae problem in a couple tanks. Will they eat brown or only green? I think you advised 1 per 10g?

Thanks...Bill

Oh, and any rummynose or corys this month?

msjinkzd

invert junkie
They eat any of the biofilm type algaes, including brown. The thing you have to worry about with diatoms is that they typically disappear over time. This is good for you, but not so good for a hungry nerite snail, lol. They will also graze on the normal biofilm on the tank (when you rub inside the glass or decor, it has that slimy feel) but they really need some algae to eat as well or they end up starving. I do advise no more than 1 per 10g, they really can clear a 10g tank on their own in fast work.

No cories this month nor rummies, but I do have those agilis rasboras and cardinal tetras. Columbia shipments and Brazil (where I get my cories and alot of hte tetras) have been less than spectacular so I am taking a break on bringing those in until the quality of the stock increases. Probably another month or so. Any particular cories you are looking for?

redchigh

Do you plan on keeping the rasboras in stock?
Just wondering, because I haven't seen them before... I'm planning a southeast asian biotope aquarium and I think they would be perfect. (Maybe 10-12?)

How big do they get? I'm assuming about 1-1.5 inches...
I've been scouring the net for future stock for that tank- many of the rasboras are completely impossible to find (short of going swimming in an asian swamp with a net. :p)
Here's what I've really been dying to find if you happen to see them on your order list-

10 Microrasbora Erythromicron
m_e_745.jpg

10 Microrasbora Kubotai
Microrasbora_kubotai.jpg

10 Microrasbora rubescens
microrasbora_rubescens_male.jpg

10 Dwarf Rasbora
12 Dwarf Loaches
1 male or a pair of Sphaerichthys vaillanti (max size 3 inches)

Also, it's a shame you didn't list the thai micro crabs. Any idea when you'll be getting some more of those?