• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New guy

jet

Members
My brother has a 55 gallon tank and my two daughters loved looking at it so after them asking for one I bought and setup a little 10 gallon freshwater tank. Then I got into it more than them. So now I went from a 10 gallon that has been going for 8 months now to starting my first tank that will be mine. I was going to do salt but I went to Lfs and decided on a Malawi tank. So I am setting up a 160 gal tank. And can't wait.

Jet

jet

Members
Welcome to the forum

Where are you located?

central Oklahoma

Congrats on catching the fish bug. Glad to see you're going with a big tank to get started.

I wanted a smaller tank like a 55-75 and I wanted to buy used but yet I got this tank, stand, canopy, vho lights, protein Skimmer, two wave makers, a mag drive 12 and come random cleaning stuff for $250. But the stand had alittle water damage so I sanded it down and started over. Its solid oak.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1353083283004.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1353083300323.jpg

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Nice pickup! Welcome to the forum.

Are you thinking of mostly mbuna or peacocks and haps? Breeding groups or single males?

jet

Members
Nice pickup! Welcome to the forum.

Are you thinking of mostly mbuna or peacocks and haps? Breeding groups or single males?

I was really thinking all males for a while. I don't think I'm ready for a fry. As far as the selection I haven't decided yet. I want a colorful tank. But I like the peacock and hap tanks. Any guidance would be awesome. I've had a few people weight in but mostly the lfs. I've been trying to read the forum as much as I can.

Thank you -Jet

jet

Members
Thank you. I finally got the stand finished and inside. Just waiting til later today to get people over to help lift it onto the stand

-Jet

uploadfromtaptalk1353254233151.jpg

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I was really thinking all males for a while. I don't think I'm ready for a fry. As far as the selection I haven't decided yet. I want a colorful tank. But I like the peacock and hap tanks. Any guidance would be awesome. I've had a few people weight in but mostly the lfs. I've been trying to read the forum as much as I can.

Thank you -Jet

A 6' all male Malawi tank is certainly an awesome sight. Quite a few folks on this forum have had one or still have one at one point or another. It takes some patience and some occasional scrambling from time to time, but will be well worth it once your fish start to color up.

Do you have a decent source of fish (local club/nice LFS)?

marge618

CCA member
Let us know how your kids react to the new tank once it is set up. Your stand looks good in the pic!
Welcome to the CCA forum:)

turfboss

Members
A little behind in getting around to reading all the forum inputs this week - but welcome Jet - that stand really looks nice - great job on the refinishing. Ad BTW just keep reading (esp this forum) and you will find the info you are looking for.