• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New Arrivals, and Some Big Fish

JLW

CCA Members
Great day for new arrivals here at the Bat Cave -- some very, very cool new fish.

Swordtail Characin -- These are a really weird little tetra. They're not really super colourful, but the males get a long, extended dorsal fin. They practice internal fertilization (and practice makes perfect), sort of like a livebearer, though they lay eggs. This is a great fish for an unusual BAP. I've been searching for this fish for over a decade. They are not common. One group of 10 available, $65.
Colombian Mirror Tetra -- You guys know this fish, the beautiful little guy with the bright red and blue fins. $2 each., 12 for $20.

Peacock Bass, Baby -- Looks like Cichla ocellaris, at about 2" (I didn't know they made them this small). $7.99. 3 / $20

CPO -- Dwarf Orange Lobster -- Been having some trouble finding these guys with any regularity. Just got about two dozen in, $7.99 each.

Rio Atabapo Red Pike, 6" -- Gorgeous fish. $125.
Rio Atabapo Red Pike, 12" Plus -- This is a ridiculously nice pike. $300. Buy both for $375.

Tiger Silver Dollars -- Not your grandmother's silver dollars. These are the gorgeous ones with the tiger stripes. About 5" or so. Great dither for larger cichlids, like, say, Rio Atabapo pikes. Group of 3. $100.

187808682_225322919055017_4130566430808303725_n.jpg

Giant Leporinus -- Probably more than 12". $25 or free to anyone buying anything else. Only one, only going to someone who has a tank suitable for it.

Pantano (Pearsei) Cichlids -- Nearing full size, these are at least 6-8". There are six available. They're $50 each, or the whole group for $200.

186481065_2865567060326369_5383138449390668893_n.jpg

Sunset Variatus -- I admit, I love these little guys. 6 for $10.

Don't respond here: please e-mail me. Batfish Aquatics on Gmail. And don't forget that last S. ;)

Last edited:

JLW

CCA Members
You are 100% correct, Matt. I could not remember the common name for a Pearsei, and somewhere my brain went, "black belt," but that is, of course, Vieja mac!

JLW

CCA Members
I haven't seen P. mokolembembe in a while! :(
I don't have any pea puffers in at the moment, but will likely get them on the next order.

JLW

CCA Members
Updating this:
CPOs are the only ones still available. The Leporinus and Pikes *might* come back around in September. :)