• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New 55gal Setup

ErnieG

Members
Just setup the new 55gal and cant wait to put some central and south americans cichlids in there tell me what you think, Thanks to George for the sand lol.

DSCN3087.jpg

dogofwar

CCA Members
Looks good - maybe use a sponge or other used media from another tank to introduce beneficial bacteria (cycle it)...

Matt

ErnieG

Members
The power filter was used in another tank, i just took the filter off that tank and put it on this one.

ErnieG

Members
I have got a group of 5 geo altiifrons that would be great in that tank.

Im sorry, i dont really like a tanks with just one species in it. Not too fond of earth eaters, I like Midas, Texas, Jack dempseys, Jags, HRPs, Sajicas, and etc.

I really appreciate the offer tho.

ErnieG

Members
hey isnt there a maximum water level for those type of heaters?

Whats your point? I have several tanks with breeding pairs of angelfish, firemouth, convict, and texas cichlids the water going past the stated level is not a problem.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I think he was asking if the heaters are fully submersible or not. I believe that they are. There are some cheap ones where you can't put the control knob below the water level or it will short out the heater.

ErnieG

Members
Lol naw its not a problem, everytime i set up a tank i use these heaters they work the best and really durable.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I wouldn't put any more fish in the tank with a pair of midas unless you plan on moving them quickly. The midas will outgrow a 55 in no time, and if they spawn, they'll kill anything else in the tank.

ErnieG

Members
I wouldn't put any more fish in the tank with a pair of midas unless you plan on moving them quickly. The midas will outgrow a 55 in no time, and if they spawn, they'll kill anything else in the tank.

I had plans on moving everything but i think im going to let them have this tan to themselves.

ErnieG

Members
Who has any large pink convict males? i really want one lol you would think they would be easy to find.