• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New 150 gallon setup

congrats, i should have gotten it and offered it to you for the texas. Lol Lol Lol... stop being afraid of the parachromis man make the leap......

rich_one

Members
If I go parachromis, it'll be freddies. but I'm not sure what I'm gonna do. Right now, my mind is going everywhere from an oddball tank, where maybe I can have fish that won't kill a clown knife, which I'd really like to have, but everything I have now will kill them. To going parachromis... creamsicle midas... trimac... festae growout.... pikes... even allowed the word "discus" to creep back in my head (briefly). I'm just gonna slow it down, let the holidays pass, and see if I can make it to Aquamania without an impulse buy to put in the tank, then go with what I'm feeling then!

I think. LOL...

-Rich

blkmjk

Members
Parachromis, or amphs. Probably the best bang for you're buck. Personality and size.... But I think you have that in some of your other tanks. If I had a spare 150 I would go black nasties! Awesome fish.

Drew

rich_one

Members
Parachromis, or amphs. Probably the best bang for you're buck. Personality and size.... But I think you have that in some of your other tanks. If I had a spare 150 I would go black nasties! Awesome fish.

Drew

Food for thought, man. Gonna hold out as long as possible... see if I can make it to aquamania before making a move!

-Rich

dogofwar

CCA Members
I have some of the Paretroplus maculatus in my 150g with milder New Worlds (centrarchus, acaras, etc.)... They're unlike any other cichlids I've kept. And look like saltwater fish... Dave's stocks quite a few of them :)

Matt

Wow! :eek:

-Rich

ErnieG

Members
Go with a community tank with 7 discus, 15 neon tetra, 15 harlaquen rosabarbs, 10 Cory cats, 3 bristlenose pleco, 4 angelfish, flying Fox, 10 cherry fin tetra, some Australian rainbows, paradise fish, and clown loaches.

rich_one

Members
Go with a community tank with 7 discus, 15 neon tetra, 15 harlaquen rosabarbs, 10 Cory cats, 3 bristlenose pleco, 4 angelfish, flying Fox, 10 cherry fin tetra, some Australian rainbows, paradise fish, and clown loaches.

You know... that's actually somewhat of an intriguing idea. Food for thought.

-Rich

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
You haven't done much in way of South Americans, I don't think... How about a group of eartheaters, acaras, larger tetras, broccus, medium-sized fancy plecos? Shoot, even throw in a pair of angels while you are at it.

Just trying to think of something different for you, other than the nasties...

Congrats and happy new years, bud.

rich_one

Members
You make a really good point, Tony. I am really giving this tank some thought, because I do want to maybe go in a little different direction with this one. My addiction to CA cichlids not withstanding, it would be nice to have something a little more off the beaten path for me. I'm going to give this some considerable thought. I don't want to do what I did with the Malawi tank... get it all set up, then get bored with it and move on. So I'm really thinking this one over. SA certainly is a possibility, be it discus or what you are proposing... a lot of food for thought here.

-Rich