• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Neolamprologus Similis (More Fry!)

Jelimafish

CCA Members
I was starting to get worried that my first spawn was going to be my last but today I noticed that my first female who produced fry had some new tiny fry swimming around her shell and then I saw at least one swimming around another females shell. They are so extremely small that and quick that it is hard to tell how many were born but I am super excited. Out of my 8 original fish I have 4 Males and 4 Females which is not the best ratio and I was waiting for my first batch to sex out to determine how to proceed but it looks like everything is working out quite well. Once I know how many females I have from the first batch I am going to remove some males and will finally be able to give some of these fish to other people who want them.

Jelimafish

CCA Members
It is hard to take photos when they are so small but here is what I got.
h58wKMR.jpg

x6pLhbL.jpg

Jelimafish

CCA Members
Congrats! Don't they get eaten?
Thanks, so far I have had no issues with any fry becoming dinner. The first 6 fry all lived and are finally getting some stripes. (They are ridiculously slow growers) In the second photo the fish head in the bottom shell as actually a sibling to the two fry above. The females are super protective and only allow the male/juveniles around the fry and I have never seen the male even try to eat any of them. Before this spawn the female did start chasing the older brood away a bit but I have not had any issues with predation or aggression.

DrEgg

Chairpersons
Staff member
Awesome! I just wanted to make sure you knew that I didn't forget. Did you want just some unsexed juveniles or did you want them breeding age?
Whichever would be easiest for you. I would be very grateful either way.