• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Neolamprologus brichardi

Beeman

Members
Anyone breeding these? Read an old article in TFH about these guys, sounds very interesting. Having a hard time deciding what direction to go with an up and coming empty 50g.:wacko: Open to ideas!

dogofwar

CCA Members
I know that they've been in the club and auctions before.

If you're going the Neolamp. brichardi (or related) route, make sure to get good quality fish (with collection point) info. They are a group of fish that will readily mix and hybridize with other closely related fish...

A tank of 2 or 3 generations of brichardi is gorgeous!

Matt

Beeman

Members
With only one hit on this thread, I'm wondering if anyone in the group has them available! The way they are said to breed, I thought this would get a flood of hits. I'll keep a searchin'!

AquaStudent

Members
The Petco in Burke, Va has them when I was there last week. They are very small (1-2" maybe) and are running I think around $13 each and I'm not sure of the quality of the source. That's something you would have to take up with the management (who is very personable and great to talk to. He even offered to order me anything I wanted from their suppliers and just come pick it up. It didn't even need to go into the display setups)

georgiehopper

I have two broods of these fish... they are quite prolific and pretty easy to breed. I have them in a 30 gallon tank and never expected them to have two broods one after the other. I have about 7 that are actually ready to go to new homes too.
As these fish age, they become more beautiful.

Jim Anderson

CCA Members
I had a 90 gal tank of about 5 generations of them about 4 months ago and sold 4 breeding pair, i saved 5 juvies. Beautiful fish! View my photo album to see the pics of them. Very easy to breed.