• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Neetroplus nematopus

dogofwar

CCA Members
I have a limited number of "Neets" (Neetroplus nematopus) for sale.

They're fry from F1 parents from Jeff Rapps and are ~1".

If you're not familiar, Neets are a great little (4-5" for males, females smaller) Central American (Nicaraguan) cichlid with wonderful parental instincts. You know they're breeding when they turn BLACK with a WHITE stripe.

Here's a great article with lots of pictures from Sam Borstein: http://www.borstein.com/sam/?Species_Profiles:Central_America:Neetroplus_nematopus

Anyway, $3 each or 6/$15. Deals available for members and if you buy other stuff...

I'm in Potomac right off of 270 exit 5...

PM me if you'd like some...

Thanks,
Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
Bump for a cool fish... the so called "Poor Man's Tropheus"...

This fish is known as the Neet, short for Neetroplus, and the Poor Mans Tropheus. It gets the Poor Mans Tropheus name because in diet, behavior, and body shape, are similar to Tropheus.

Here's a beast of a male not in spawning color (from Dan Ye's thread):
http://www.capitalcichlids.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7795

Anyone want some?

Matt

rsretep

Members
seems the wife likes these Matt...guess i gotta make foom somewhere.

how big are they and how big do they get?

dogofwar

CCA Members
Hi Pete,

The king of all male Neets is 5-6"... most males max out about 4". Females are much smaller (2-3")...

Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
Anyone want some neets for the March meeting? They're now mostly 1.5-2" or so.

I've been shipping these all over the country but still have a few left...

These aren't something you'll find at your LFS (or even on anyone's list presently, unless you'd like to shell out $18 each for 3"-ers).

6/$15

I'll be at the March meeting (and have cutteri, leucistic HRPs, Rio Choluteca cons and some other stuff if you're interested)...

Thanks,
Matt

turfboss

Members
Matt -

Could I put the Rio's and/or the Neets in a 55g tank with 5 stuartgranti ngara (flame tails)? There are also a few synodontis and pandas in there as well - the ngara are about 3" - the rest are smaller.

If yes I would be interested in both.

George

dogofwar

CCA Members
Hi George - I wouldn't do it. Neets will eventually kill your peacocks, corys and synodontis.

Matt