• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Need Unwanted Fry!

maddog10

Members
You need afra's! 2 males and 4 or 5 females will provide you with a nearly continuous supply of fry. Can keep the fish in a 20 and strip fry into a jar, to save space. Not a sermon, just a thought.

Steve

Members
Francine,
You want N. brichardi . . . . They make rabbits look like Shakers. (I just dropped a big venustus into the tank with the brichardi, but I realize that I need something quicker, nimbler, and much more single-minded . . . i.e., those Honduran guys.)
Steve

fishfarm

Members
Convicts produce more fry quicker in a smaller tank than anything I can think of. I also visit the bait shop regularly for a box of red worms. Ken

toddnbecka

Members
Have you considered setting up a 10 gallon shrimp tank? I move several hundred cherry shrimp out of mine every couple months. I'm sure the pikes wouldn't notice much difference between shrimp and fish fry. It's all fresh, live food, and crustaceans are great for enhancing color.

D

daniel4832

I like your idea of using shrimp, how would you go about setting one up?
Thanks,
Daniel

longstocking

Members
Francine... I know this is an old post but... my fancy guppys that I use as feeders have exploded.

Want me to give you six? All you need is a 10 gallon and water lol.... I have a constant supply of food now. A 5 glalon would probably do as well. I don't use a heater either... so the cost of rasing them is almost zero for me .. as I use a linear pump.

mscichlid

Founder
Francine... I know this is an old post but... my fancy guppys that I use as feeders have exploded.

Want me to give you six? All you need is a 10 gallon and water lol.... I have a constant supply of food now. A 5 glalon would probably do as well. I don't use a heater either... so the cost of rasing them is almost zero for me .. as I use a linear pump.[/b]

Thanks, but I have guppies out the ying yang. I need fish the size of guppies, mollies, etc.

cyradis4

Members
I've got a breeding pair of Convicts. If I intentionally gave you fry to feed to your Pikes dad would probably have conniptions, but in another month or two I'll probably have fry big enough to sell to grow out.... They are pink Convicts..... Eventually (June probably) I'll donate some to the auction at the meeting... Just an idea for the future!

Amanda.

Franny

You know if you want Convicts that you can come take your pick from that 75. Just let me know when you want to stop by. GWAPA is out this way this month so we can work something out. Probably have close to 100 right now since some of a fifth generation has managed to survive. Goes for anyone else as well that has interest in Convicts just let me know. I am in Herndon.

Rob